Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

tingling at the end of penis

Posted In: Sexual conditions 408 Replies
  • Posted By: 2jemlap
  • March 15, 2007
  • 01:23 AM

First off, I'm 28 year old male, unmarried. For about a 8 months now I've had this incredibly annoying sensation inside my penis around the top area going down to maybe just below the glans. It's almost as if I feel that I need to pee even though my bladder feels completely empty. It never goes away. It lowers slightly in intensity after I've urinated but then escalates back up after a couple of minutes. It also seems a little better in the mornings? I have no other symptoms other then the tingling in the head of my penis.

I noticed these symptoms after having sexual relations with my girlfriend at the time. I don't think it's an STD (because I've been tested multiple times) but the symptoms did start after I was with her. Also there has been no change at in the skin on penis, and no discharge at all and she doesn't have any STD's.

I've had myself checked. First time I went in to see the the doctor he said I probably have a just a plain jane UTI, then he gave me antibiotics. The doctors ran the standard STD tests and everything came back negative. I came back after the symptoms hadn't gone away. I then went to a urologist, he said i probably have chronic prostatitis and gave me more antibiotics and told me to bath in hot water once a day and stay off the coffee. None of this help my problem. Baffled, the doctor recommended a cystoscopy, so they did that and found nothing. At this point, I was pretty stressed out over issue since I've had numerous doctors check me and found nothing. So I then went to std clinic and had them test me again for everything - all tests came back negative. I cant relax with it, but it's definitely not psychological.

The last urologist I went to, was absolutely certain I have chronic prostatitis and basically told me to forget about, because there is no fix to this problem. At this point, that is NOT what I wanted hear! If I have this feeling the rest of my life I'm going to go NUTS!

So, I did some research on prostatitis, and I noticed one of the treatments is acupuncture, I figured why not. So I went there had that done. The acupuncturist happen to be an RN and was convinced that problem wasn't bacterial, but rather a yeast infection? Starving for answers I started up on some natural remedies she recommended, all of which (so far) haven't gotten rid of the tingling. She also recommended a strict diet with no yeast in it, all veggies and white meat / fish - still no progress.

Any ideas? Could it be some sort of nerve damage, could it be some infection after all (yeast possibly)? This seems like such a weird and rare condition but it's really annoying me and has worsen the quality of my life so severely. Like I said above, the only symptoms I have are a slight irritation / tingling at the tip of the penis. I can't tell if superficial to the skin, or deeper... It's hard to describe other then the feeling is constant and it is like a feathering at the tip of my penis.

Any suggestions, please help?

Reply Flag this Discussion
  • I am climbing the walls with the same problem. I hope someone else shares a response
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have a similar issue but my case is less severe. I sometimes get a tingly feeling in my penis after I urinate. The feeling seems to be in my urethra just inside the tip. It feels like I have to pee and when I can urinate again doing so makes it feel better for just a bit, but like the previous poster said it increases again after a few minutes. If I avoid the constant urge to urinate for about an hour it usually goes away and stays away for a few hours, a few days or a few weeks if I'm lucky. It isn't painful but like the previous poster said it is incredibly annoying. Sometimes it'll be all I can think about making it very difficult to do anything at all until the feeling goes away. I'm not sure when it started but it's been happening for at least the past couple years. I know its not an STD and I doubt its a UTI because I'm a virgin. There is no visible swelling, redness or any other symptom of any kind. Other than this issue my gentials are in perfect health.My only cure is to watch TV or play video games, the more engrossing the better. It helps me ignore the urge to pee and eventually the feeling goes away. If I'm in a place where I can't stop what I'm doing a watch TV for hours the feeling can last for a very long time. If anyone knows what might prevent it I'd greatly appreciate it.
  • Im also having the same sort of problem...
  • Have you considered allergies? Either to your body soap, laundry detergent, clothes fabric, girlfriend's fluids, etc???I've read that some women can be alergic to a man's semen, so why not a reverse allergy?How about a food allergy? any pain when you ejaculate? does the tingling change any when erect? ...is it possible to have a tiny hair lodged somewhere in the opening of the head?
  • Yeah..I think I have same problem...maybe because of masterbation...I hope it's not a prostate cancer... :(
  • this rarely happens to me, but i have nearly similar encounters, I am still a virgin and quite young, almost 15, Sometimes I get this feeling after ejaculating, theres no pain just a annoying tingly feeling that can last up to an hour, Its only happened to me three times, usually over periods of months so its not to much of a problem at all, to get your mind off of it think of something completely different and do something enthusing, like watch a good tv show, play a game, hang with friends, talk on the phone, Its mostly in your head, just blank everything out and it'll go, I found this out the second time This happened to me, and it only lasted about 5 minutes. Well good luck with your problem.
  • wow, I have the EXACT symptoms as the original poster. I've had this steady tickling in the middle of my penis, seems to be right in the middle in the inside, for about the past 5 years. It has never gone away. It always feels the same. I have never had sex (I'm only 18 years old!) and my doctor could NOT for the life of him find a remedy to the situation. It is so frustrating. Sometimes at night, I can't stop thinking about the tickling. I have accepted the fact that I will have it for the rest of my life...what a shame. Good luck to all of us that someone may find a cure!
  • Do you use a tissue after masterbating?
  • In response to the original posting, your situation sounds identical to mine. It is making me absolutely miserable. It is like some nerve is constantly sending a signal to my brain that something is my urethra. I have been on 5 antibiotics, hade a cysto, been given flomax, detrol, and avodart, and nothing is working. And I have been with my girlfriend for 5 years...it is definitely not an std becuse I got tested for every possible one. It's really starting to ruin my life, I can't sleep at night because I have to just keep getting up, trickling some urine out, then it comes back. Let me know if you figure out anything.
  • I m looking forward to this issue as i m facing the same problem. I have done a lots of tests and every results were found to be negative and finally the urologist had advised me to meet a phychologist. Its a strange prob. None could identify the issue. Is there anyone who can assure and assist us??
  • First off, I'm 28 year old male, unmarried. For about a 8 months now I've had this incredibly annoying sensation inside my penis around the top area going down to maybe just below the glans. It's almost as if I feel that I need to pee even though my bladder feels completely empty. It never goes away. It lowers slightly in intensity after I've urinated but then escalates back up after a couple of minutes. It also seems a little better in the mornings? I have no other symptoms other then the tingling in the head of my penis. I noticed these symptoms after having sexual relations with my girlfriend at the time. I don't think it's an STD (because I've been tested multiple times) but the symptoms did start after I was with her. Also there has been no change at in the skin on penis, and no discharge at all and she doesn't have any STD's. I've had myself checked. First time I went in to see the the doctor he said I probably have a just a plain jane UTI, then he gave me antibiotics. The doctors ran the standard STD tests and everything came back negative. I came back after the symptoms hadn't gone away. I then went to a urologist, he said i probably have chronic prostatitis and gave me more antibiotics and told me to bath in hot water once a day and stay off the coffee. None of this help my problem. Baffled, the doctor recommended a cystoscopy, so they did that and found nothing. At this point, I was pretty stressed out over issue since I've had numerous doctors check me and found nothing. So I then went to std clinic and had them test me again for everything - all tests came back negative. I cant relax with it, but it's definitely not psychological. The last urologist I went to, was absolutely certain I have chronic prostatitis and basically told me to forget about, because there is no fix to this problem. At this point, that is NOT what I wanted hear! If I have this feeling the rest of my life I'm going to go NUTS! So, I did some research on prostatitis, and I noticed one of the treatments is acupuncture, I figured why not. So I went there had that done. The acupuncturist happen to be an RN and was convinced that problem wasn't bacterial, but rather a yeast infection? Starving for answers I started up on some natural remedies she recommended, all of which (so far) haven't gotten rid of the tingling. She also recommended a strict diet with no yeast in it, all veggies and white meat / fish - still no progress. Any ideas? Could it be some sort of nerve damage, could it be some infection after all (yeast possibly)? This seems like such a weird and rare condition but it's really annoying me and has worsen the quality of my life so severely. Like I said above, the only symptoms I have are a slight irritation / tingling at the tip of the penis. I can't tell if superficial to the skin, or deeper... It's hard to describe other then the feeling is constant and it is like a feathering at the tip of my penis. Any suggestions, please help? I have the same problem been to std clinic proved negative.my doctor cant find anything wrong with me. I hope some one can help me its getting me down now!
    rob2000 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• One night I masturbated pretty hard and then right after that I had a constant tingling/slightly burning sensation in the tip of my penis, around the head area. this has been going on for almost 2 weeks. after I pee, the tingling/burning comes back a little stronger, then dies back down. It has been getting better but I was just wondering what people think this is. No sores or anything. This never happened to me before and I'm a little worried, maybe nerves or something? Thanks guys, help me out can't masturbate or anything because of the super sensitivity...
  • I have a similar issue but my case is less severe. I sometimes get a tingly feeling in my penis after I urinate. The feeling seems to be in my urethra just inside the tip. It feels like I have to pee and when I can urinate again doing so makes it feel better for just a bit, but like the previous poster said it increases again after a few minutes. If I avoid the constant urge to urinate for about an hour it usually goes away and stays away for a few hours, a few days or a few weeks if I'm lucky. It isn't painful but like the previous poster said it is incredibly annoying. Sometimes it'll be all I can think about making it very difficult to do anything at all until the feeling goes away. I'm not sure when it started but it's been happening for at least the past couple years. I know its not an STD and I doubt its a UTI because I'm a virgin. There is no visible swelling, redness or any other symptom of any kind. Other than this issue my gentials are in perfect health.My only cure is to watch TV or play video games, the more engrossing the better. It helps me ignore the urge to pee and eventually the feeling goes away. If I'm in a place where I can't stop what I'm doing a watch TV for hours the feeling can last for a very long time. If anyone knows what might prevent it I'd greatly appreciate it.Hi,This the road I am presently on, mine started like this chaps and now 2 years on I still suffer most of the issues mentioned in these posts. 2 years ago I had an ultrasound and xray to check for any blockages in the tubes etc, which came back as normal... Usual urine test and nothing wrong, urologist basically found nothing even though the symptoms are still bothering me. I have a question for those that suffer, do you find the sensation is worse after passing and then when you sit down. Mine drives me nuts when I sit. Standing up no probs. I am going back to my GP next week to talk over it all again.. Put up with it for 2 years but its slowly starting to drive me crazy at times..
    tingleman 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • To original poster:How long did you go for acupuncture treatments and did you go once a week? Acupuncture is usually very helpful for urinary problems, but would take more than just a few treatments - is your RN acupuncturist also a certified Chinese herbalist and did she prescribe herbs? This would be most helpful, and if she isn't certified try to find someone who is. There are specific herbs that help treat this problem. Candida is often a factor in this, and it is hard to get rid of. Diet usually isn't enough. what herbal cleanses did she recommend? The problem occurs when a doc sees a possible UTI and prescribes antibiotics...if you are already having candida problems, an antibiotic will make this much worse and the cycle of UTI symptoms continues. UTI's are oftern candida related, and most docs miss this! Often candida symptoms are very slight in males, so it isn't often diagnosed. You need to give yourself at least 2 months to rid the body of candida overgrowth. There are many cleanses out there, and it is helpful to try at least two different ones as candida fungus mutates and can develop resistance. Take a good quality probiotic when you are cleansing, and also just take one to keep your intestinal flora in balance. Also, the post concerning allergies is definitely a possibility - check out NAET (Nambudripad Allergy Elimination Technique). It is amazing for this.Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
  • Has anyone ever figured this out, I just started having the same problems, it doesn't hurt, but it is very bothersom. I am 40 and have been married for 5 years, definitly no chances of STD's or anytype of sexual disease. I did have a vesectomy about 5 years ago, but it doesn't look like anyone else here has had that done. Open for suggestions, I sure hope this doesn't stay around for years.
  • Hey guys, I think I might have the answer for some or all of you...im 27, and have had same as most of you - irritation at end of penis, kinda feels like i need to constantly go to the toilet, or like a "leaking" sensation. Kinda makes you feel like you need to keep rubbing your penis to make the sansation ir "itch" go away. Sound like you?I have been thoroughly checked out medically and no answers.Have tried drinking lots of cranberry juice (good for bacterial infections in the bladder), but not any great improvement.The symptoms seem to come and go, might last for a few months and dissappear for a few months. Also have noticed that my "toilet habbits" a screwed up, like I will feel like I need to go to the toilet, but then get to the urinal and nothing happens, or vice versa - wont feel like I need to go to the toilet, but then If I go to the bathroom, its like my bladder was really full, but I couldnt feel that it was.It seems to me that symptoms appear after, for example, I have had a busy day at work and have been unable to get time to go to the toilet and have had to hold on for ages.I think maybe the bladder wall gets stretched, and takes some time to repair itself, especially if you arent quite sure when you need to urinate or not.Try drinking plenty of fluids (tho not too much, maybe slowly drink a glass of water after each time you go to the toilet. Try and set regular toilet breaks, every 2 hours (at least until your symptoms are fixed). Kegels (special bladder/pelvic exercises are supposed to be good also). Relaxation/visualisation can also help.Give it a try, Im certain that it will work for you.Dave
  • Just another theory - but this time I think I am on to something...Are your symptoms better/nonexistant: in the morning; when having a shower; when you have an erection? And worse every other time?The common thread here is heat! or more precicely heat and circulation.Feel the temperature of the tip of your penis when symptoms are at their worst. (Dont use your hands due to heat insensitivity, instead touch your penis against your leg/groin). If it feels cold, perhaps circulation to the area, or lack thereof, could be the cause.Dont know what best to improve circulation as yet - perhaps regular vigorous exercise, healthy low fat diet, the usual stuff etc. But definitely warmth to the area affected could help with getting rid of symptoms.Let me know if this is helpful.Dave
  • Dave,Got the exact symptoms you had. Been throuhg all the regular testing. Like you said, symptoms seem to come and go. Excercise and reduced stress seem to make a difference.Keeping a bottle of water next to me and drinking from it often and going to the toilet more regularly seems to help alot.
  • Herpes does not always cause an outbreak. Fifty percent of the men who have it claim to have no symtoms (they only know when they pass it on to someone), but my guess is that they do have something going on, like tingling. Most STD checks do not include a blood test test for herpes 2. You have to tell your doctor that you need it. I know you posted this a long time ago, but I just became a poster. Let me know..
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • Herpes was the first test the Dr's requested from pathology. And all clear for me.NOTE: the following probably only applies to guys that DON'T have the pain when urination thing - that one is definitely primarily physiological, bacteria, fungal, virus (herepes) or prostate realted.Since discovering that what many guys have described here is not some physical disease, and perhaps something to do with circulation, (interestingly my symptoms have all but disappeared since this discovery) I think there is also psychological element to this as well. The "cold" feeling (also described as the "tingling") creates the feeling of needing to go to the toilet - cold weather seems to increase urination frequency - hence thinking you need to go to the toilet all the time, regardless of the amount of liquid in your badder, whilst your rational mind tells you that this is not normal to need to go so often. This then leads to the mind deciding to "hold on" despite the need to go to the toilet: "I just went to the bathroom 20 minutes ago! I cant possibly need to go again". Also after urination, for pretty much every guy there is always some "leakage", from too few "shakes". Maybe having a heightened sensitivity and the sensation of the wet patch in your jocks can contribute to the psychological factor, making you think you have leakage probs, when you really don't. This is getting really interesting. I think we are finally getting to the bottom of this issue for many guys here.D
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement