Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

tingling at the end of penis

Posted In: Sexual conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: 2jemlap
  • March 15, 2007
  • 01:23 AM

First off, I'm 28 year old male, unmarried. For about a 8 months now I've had this incredibly annoying sensation inside my penis around the top area going down to maybe just below the glans. It's almost as if I feel that I need to pee even though my bladder feels completely empty. It never goes away. It lowers slightly in intensity after I've urinated but then escalates back up after a couple of minutes. It also seems a little better in the mornings? I have no other symptoms other then the tingling in the head of my penis.

I noticed these symptoms after having sexual relations with my girlfriend at the time. I don't think it's an STD (because I've been tested multiple times) but the symptoms did start after I was with her. Also there has been no change at in the skin on penis, and no discharge at all and she doesn't have any STD's.

I've had myself checked. First time I went in to see the the doctor he said I probably have a just a plain jane UTI, then he gave me antibiotics. The doctors ran the standard STD tests and everything came back negative. I came back after the symptoms hadn't gone away. I then went to a urologist, he said i probably have chronic prostatitis and gave me more antibiotics and told me to bath in hot water once a day and stay off the coffee. None of this help my problem. Baffled, the doctor recommended a cystoscopy, so they did that and found nothing. At this point, I was pretty stressed out over issue since I've had numerous doctors check me and found nothing. So I then went to std clinic and had them test me again for everything - all tests came back negative. I cant relax with it, but it's definitely not psychological.

The last urologist I went to, was absolutely certain I have chronic prostatitis and basically told me to forget about, because there is no fix to this problem. At this point, that is NOT what I wanted hear! If I have this feeling the rest of my life I'm going to go NUTS!

So, I did some research on prostatitis, and I noticed one of the treatments is acupuncture, I figured why not. So I went there had that done. The acupuncturist happen to be an RN and was convinced that problem wasn't bacterial, but rather a yeast infection? Starving for answers I started up on some natural remedies she recommended, all of which (so far) haven't gotten rid of the tingling. She also recommended a strict diet with no yeast in it, all veggies and white meat / fish - still no progress.

Any ideas? Could it be some sort of nerve damage, could it be some infection after all (yeast possibly)? This seems like such a weird and rare condition but it's really annoying me and has worsen the quality of my life so severely. Like I said above, the only symptoms I have are a slight irritation / tingling at the tip of the penis. I can't tell if superficial to the skin, or deeper... It's hard to describe other then the feeling is constant and it is like a feathering at the tip of my penis.

Any suggestions, please help?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement