Discussions By Condition: Repiratory conditions

Lung/Breathing Pain...any answers???

Posted In: Repiratory conditions 72 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 10, 2006
  • 06:41 PM

HI,

Recently in the past couple weeks i have a pain where my right lung is deep in my chest when i breath in deep or sometime when i breath out real deep. I have noticed a little bit of shortness of breath but not much. Right before this started i had begun light exercise which i stopped to see if the pain goes away but it hasnt.

Any Suggestions.

Kallie

Reply Flag this Discussion

72 Replies:

• Weird, the same exact thing is happening to me. It started two days ago for me, this is my third day. I feel worse then yesterday. Do you have even more trouble breathing when you walk down stairs? Thats what is happening to me. My doctor said there was nothing wrong with me.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 8, 2006
    • 10:23 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, I'm a 21 year old male and I recently just had my left lung collapse spontaneously. However, I remember when it happened I was streching/cracking my back which may have triggered it. The symtoms you've been saying are seem exactly like the symptoms I've had. When it first happened my whole left lung completely collapsed so, the symptoms were a lot more noticable. Although, recently my lung recollapsed but at a smaller percentage so the symptoms were less severe and more like the symptoms you've experienced. Go to the doctor and ask for a chest X-ray.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 14, 2006
    • 11:17 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I too had these symptoms. I was concerned it was my heart. It was diagnosed as pleurisy, an irritating infection of the liningin the lung cavity. Antibiotics took care of it.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 18, 2006
    • 01:11 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I had similar symptoms and went to the ER. MD suspected collapsed lung or pulmonary embolism. After CT, determined I have a pulmonary embolism. I am a 28 yo female one month into blood thinner treatment after 5 day hospital stay. Go to ER.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 30, 2006
    • 07:49 PM
    Flag this Response
  • My pain is similar. It seems to be most severe in between my breasts, more like chest pain than heart pain. I have slight shortness of breath, also. The pain is not unbearable, but definately uncomfortable. I have experieced this pain before, also after exercising. I was diagnosed as a basic Upper Respiratory Infection and was told to rest. Last time, the pain occurred because of exercise, this time, before I started having chest pains, I had a cold that caused me to cough excessively. Maybe the coughing could now be a result of the chest pain. Any answers??
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 14, 2007
    • 03:33 PM
    Flag this Response
  • If you are having any chest or lung pain consult your doctor..don't wait
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 29, 2007
    • 05:46 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hi im 21 and seem to be having the same problems i only get the pain though when excercising if i swing side to side i feel a crushing kind of pain directly between my breasts and if i stop breathing for a couple of seconds i can her a noise simliar to breathing but if i star back breathing again and can still hear the noise still like im breathing twice(if u get that)it does scare me as i have size 34ff boobs could it be to do with that? or something to do with my lungs?the doctor wont listen to me n think its down to anxiety can some one plz reply thanks
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 9, 2007
    • 01:07 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I had similar symptoms and went to the ER. MD suspected collapsed lung or pulmonary embolism. After CT, determined I have a pulmonary embolism. I am a 28 yo female one month into blood thinner treatment after 5 day hospital stay. Go to ER.I am a 36 yo female. I too suffered from similar symptoms. Couldn't get my doctor to take me seriously even though I was coughing up blood and felt like my right lung had collapsed. Went to ER three times within a ten week period and then my left lung area did the same thing. Finally saw a Pulmonologist who immediately diagnosed me with PE or Pulmonary Embolism. Said I was lucky to be alive since I'd suffered emboli in each lung. After 5 day hospital stay I am now on blood thinner treatment. TAKE CHEST PAIN SERIOUSLY!!! IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW YOUNG YOU ARE.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • My pain is similar. It seems to be most severe in between my breasts, more like chest pain than heart pain. Any answers??I have Pulmonary Fibrosis and experience the same pains you are describing in your post. Definately see a doctor!
  • heyy im 15, and i'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but... for the past week or so i have been having pain in my lower, right rib area when i breathe in deeply... i have no problem with shallow breathing, but once my lungs fill up about 75% i feel a Knifelike stabbing sensation near my lowest rib, if i continue to inhale the pain goes away, but will return next breath. also if i breathe more into my chest area(like lift my chest during a deep breath) there is no pain. i guess ur gunna tell me to see a doc, which would probably be a good idea considering i prolly tore my rotator cuff snowboarding a few mos ago:D i have searched around online but not many ppl have these exact symptoms... if anybody had an idea of what is causing this pain i would be greatful!
  • Hi 24 year old mother of two. I recently just had sever body aches for three days, ?think it was the flu, but in the past I have never had constant chest pain right between my center of ribs a little lower. When I breath I dont notice anything sharp feeling but when I go to bed I have hot and cold flashes any answers?
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• My shortness of breath, shallow breathing, chest pain specially between my breats happens when I sleep! I have been to a cardiologist who ran many tests and said i was fine... possibly anxiety, stress. but I am not stressed, could it be PE? or what? i just hate to go to sleep as I wake up soo tired, and out of breath...
  • To the person having the pain on the right "lung"You should see a Dr asap you could have a collapsed lung which requires medical attention!!!!!!Especially if it hurts when you breathe in and out.A high resoultion catscan will show it!Good Luck
  • heyy im 15, and i'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but... for the past week or so i have been having pain in my lower, right rib area when i breathe in deeply... i have no problem with shallow breathing, but once my lungs fill up about 75% i feel a Knifelike stabbing sensation near my lowest rib, if i continue to inhale the pain goes away, but will return next breath. also if i breathe more into my chest area(like lift my chest during a deep breath) there is no pain. i guess ur gunna tell me to see a doc, which would probably be a good idea considering i prolly tore my rotator cuff snowboarding a few mos ago:D i have searched around online but not many ppl have these exact symptoms... if anybody had an idea of what is causing this pain i would be greatful!Ive been getting the exact same pain.. only wen i breathe out or in really deep . I thought it was from smoking but im not sure , do u smoke?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 30, 2007
    • 11:59 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I had chest pain, that persisted for several days before I went to the ER, turned out to be pnuemothorax. I was 23y Female.Sometimes I did not think the pain was all that bad, I was actually out dancing with my friends at the club when I first complained... I assumed I was dancing too much...Anyway I ended in the hospital for 3 weeks and received a chest tube and 2 surgeries... Since then I have been diagnosed with costrocondritis for one episode of chest pain, and pleurisy for another. But seems like if you are having trouble with breathing pain, the most common problem is pluerisy.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 6, 2007
    • 06:39 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, im 18 years old and i have been having problems breathing like right below my right peck on my chest i feel some pain.The night before i started feeling this pain was after i drank alot one night and felt so sick that i threw up alot. i smoke on occasions but not ciggerettes. The next morning i ran up some steps like i ussally do to get to my room and i was so out of breath i had to sit and that ussally does happen.I cant hold my breath for that long, and every time i breath i feel like im not getting that full breath.anyone know what i can do to fix this ??Thanks in advance
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 15, 2007
    • 01:02 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I also had 2 MASSIVE Pulmonary embolisms (one in each lung) ay 36 y/o non-smoker due to the pill! I had been on it for years too! Very strange & was told I was on mmy last breath & that they had never had anyone walk in as bad as I was. I was very short of breath. Go to the ER!!!! Do not wait!!!!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 9, 2007
    • 03:46 AM
    Flag this Response
  • heyim 14 and im having troublke with breathign were my lungs are i was on the floor trying to breath earyer today nd im worried ive got a callapsed lung so ive got a doctors appointment on tuesday it also dosnt help that im a hy6percondract so yea dont wait to see your gp/doctorxxx
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 12, 2007
    • 06:12 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am a 41 y/o female that has been dealing with a pneumothorax for about a month and a half now. I have had 3 chest tubes in me and one surgery. They couldn't find a leak in surgery and just inserted a chest tube. After my third tube, they said it was resolved but now it's back again. I also have this feeling of fullness in my diaphragm area, like I ate too much food since the start of my pneumothorax. Does anyone have any ideas or advice? Also, how lung does it usually take to start breathing regularly again. Doctor said I still have a small pneumothorax that he thinks will resolve on it's own. It's so uncomfortable to breathe though.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 25, 2007
    • 06:03 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm a 16 year old female and I've suffered from on/off lung pains for over a year now.It all began last January when I had a throbbing pain in my right lung that spread over towards the centre. It used to go away and come back, or worsen throughout time.I went to my doctor, but he couldn't find anything wrong with me.It then worsened and I had to go to casualty, where the doctor diagnosed me with a chest infection and gave me antibiotics to clear it up. The pains went away after a few weeks, until early November last year.Paramedics were called out while I was at college because I had a panic attack due to these throbbing pains. The paramedics checked me over and said it wasn't asthma-related, and they were baffled as to why my lung was aching like this. They told me I needed "TLC" and put it down as 'back pain' - which was rubbish. Because although I felt the pains in my back, I could feel it in my lung. The pains reappeared today in the same usual place as before, and as I type I'm find it more and more uncomfortable. Also, I find I cannot inhale fully and that it stops half-way, if that makes sense, because the pain worsens.I want to go back to my doctor, but I fear he won't understand what the problem is.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 14, 2008
    • 11:30 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement