Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Blackout but still conscious & functioning

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 12, 2007
  • 04:39 PM

About three months ago I left work and within a block my arms felt weak and I became really hot & my chest hurt. I intended to pull over at the next roadway but instead "came to" close to my home which was 15 minutes away. I drove all that way blacked out. Doc did blood work a few days later and sugar levels were perfect, blood pressure perfect...

This weekend it happened again only this time, no weak or hot feelings... I went and had dinner and went out with friends... had about 5 beers. All I remember is "coming to" after I was already home and had taken a shower. (which is something I normally do after being out because I cant sleep with the smoke smell on me due to allergies.) My friends tell me they noticed no difference in my behavior, other than even after a few beers, I was quieter than I normally am. But not enough for them to be concerned.

As you can see, the two times this has happend the situations have been different. I dont know what to do and this is starting to scare me. I dont even know what to ask my doctor to look for since blood work was perfect after the last time. Any suggestions?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement