Discussions By Condition: Allergies

Throat swells no matter what I eat

Posted In: Allergies 6,526,820 Replies
  • Posted By: addeps3
  • July 16, 2013
  • 07:40 PM

Hi there.

Im a 24 year old male and up until about one month ago felt like I was very free to eat anything I want, atleast compared to now.

About one month ago I switched my diet to Dave Asprey's recommendations. The reason for this was because of the large amount of scientific data supporting his as the optimal diet. Its kind of a Low Carb High Fat or Upgraded Paleo-diet.

So what happened was that one day, I guess two weeks after beginning to consume more healthy fat, me and my mother had lunch with all of the healthiest fats; coconut oil, gmo-free soy lecithin, avocado oil, extra virgine oilive oil, organic, mostly grain but a little grass-fedbutter, and vegetables and meat.

Ten minutes after eating this my throat startet swelling. I called 911, who came over and didn't think it was anything serious, fortunately.

Since then I have reacted the same way, although less and less in intensity, to just about everytime I eat. I'm starting to wonder about stress and leaky-gut problems and today I mastered a breathing technique that helped me feel a peace I haven't felt in a long time.

But I still have a beautiful piece of grass-fed beef in my fridge, I reacted to grassfed beef first time I ate it, just like everything else I've been eating my whole life I'm reacting to and panicked.

I just want to know everybody's opinion. I have a PEF-meter to monitor my bronchial flow and an EpiPen and an educated family but I haven't even had any meat today becuase of this nonsense.

Oh, and please read a little bit about Dave Asprey's idea's if you are suspicious, the man's a genious and his outline for the "Bulletproof"-diet can be read in one page here: http://www.bulletproofexec.com/start-the-bulletproof-diet/

Peace

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement