Discussions By Condition: Allergies

Throat swells no matter what I eat

Posted In: Allergies 6,526,820 Replies
  • Posted By: addeps3
  • July 16, 2013
  • 07:40 PM

Hi there.

Im a 24 year old male and up until about one month ago felt like I was very free to eat anything I want, atleast compared to now.

About one month ago I switched my diet to Dave Asprey's recommendations. The reason for this was because of the large amount of scientific data supporting his as the optimal diet. Its kind of a Low Carb High Fat or Upgraded Paleo-diet.

So what happened was that one day, I guess two weeks after beginning to consume more healthy fat, me and my mother had lunch with all of the healthiest fats; coconut oil, gmo-free soy lecithin, avocado oil, extra virgine oilive oil, organic, mostly grain but a little grass-fedbutter, and vegetables and meat.

Ten minutes after eating this my throat startet swelling. I called 911, who came over and didn't think it was anything serious, fortunately.

Since then I have reacted the same way, although less and less in intensity, to just about everytime I eat. I'm starting to wonder about stress and leaky-gut problems and today I mastered a breathing technique that helped me feel a peace I haven't felt in a long time.

But I still have a beautiful piece of grass-fed beef in my fridge, I reacted to grassfed beef first time I ate it, just like everything else I've been eating my whole life I'm reacting to and panicked.

I just want to know everybody's opinion. I have a PEF-meter to monitor my bronchial flow and an EpiPen and an educated family but I haven't even had any meat today becuase of this nonsense.

Oh, and please read a little bit about Dave Asprey's idea's if you are suspicious, the man's a genious and his outline for the "Bulletproof"-diet can be read in one page here: http://www.bulletproofexec.com/start-the-bulletproof-diet/

Peace

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement