Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

lump under my arm, in my armpit

Posted In: Skin conditions 12 Replies
  • Posted By: markandrews
  • March 10, 2007
  • 04:33 AM

hi, im 21 and male, i have noticed a lump in my arm pit, and im getting a bit scared. i dont really know what to do. i might be totally overeating with it but i never get bitten bugs, ive never had an alergys.

i dont want to worry my parents they are 150 miles away, but i also dont have anyone im close enough where i am to show. my doctor is also in my home town 150 miles away too.

my arm hurts when i put it down by my side, and the lump hard.

any help on what i should do would be great.

thanks

Reply Flag this Discussion

12 Replies:

• Its hard to say what it might be, you need to go to a dr, er, or clinic near you. If you have been sick recently it might be a swollen lymph gland. It could be a boil, infected hair folical, cyst, or a staph infection. In any case, you might need antiboitics or need to have it drained. Please have a dr check it out.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hey. I had the same exact thing a few months ago. It was a slightly small, round knot in my armpit. It was hard and hurt to touch it. I was stupid and tried to deal with the pain and mash it. Nothing happened. I thought it may be something serious, so I went to my health clinic (no insurance) and waited about 6.5 hours to be seen. Turns out, all it was was an infected sweat gland. The dr. prescribed an antibiotic to clear up the infection and within a couple of days, it began to get smaller and eventually disappeared. Good luck.;)
  • hi, im 21 and male, i have noticed a lump in my arm pit, and im getting a bit scared. i dont really know what to do. i might be totally overeating with it but i never get bitten bugs, ive never had an alergys. i dont want to worry my parents they are 150 miles away, but i also dont have anyone im close enough where i am to show. my doctor is also in my home town 150 miles away too. my arm hurts when i put it down by my side, and the lump hard. any help on what i should do would be great. thanks my boyfriend has the same thing doctor said hes washing and not cleaning the soap of properly.. or hes using to many spray.
  • Do any of you have cats that use a litter box? Cat scratch fever is very common, and has the very symptoms you are discribing. I had to have a glad removed from my armpit due to a friend who has cats, and accedentially scratched me while doing my hair. The lump was huge and very painful.
  • im bout to be 19 in july i have the same thing right now in my right arm pit i would say a little smaller than a golf ball it is painfull and is the reason why i am up right now at 4 am i do have insurance but have been putting it off thinking it would go away but it has not stopped growing in the past week. thinking i might go to the doc in the am. will update
  • 21 and have the same issue right now. It has been hurting for days so tonightni decided to squeeze the lump and out came a yellow black white thick goo. Hurts now. Drained what I could and see what will be there in the am. Healthy active guy that is very hygenic. Guess this happens to anyone. Take it from the guy who gets a clogged salivary gland fewmonths back. Lol. See what happens might need some antibiotics.
  • I agree to this point that Cat scratch fever is very common, and has the very symptoms you are discribing. I had to have a glad removed from my armpit due to a friend who has cats, and accedentially scratched me while doing my hair. The lump was huge and very painful.
  • so all i have to do is just wash it a lot?
  • I'm 19 and female and I've recently discovered a lump under my left armpit as well. It started about 3 weeks ago and I assumed/people suggested it was a sore from doing the same movements over and over (was shredding at work for two days). Since then, it has gotten much, much larger; it's about the size of 3/4 of a golf ball. It's hard and sore to touch. If I grip it, it feels round. I'm assuming now that it is a gland infection/staph infection. I have been putting off a clinic, even at my boyfriends disapproval, since I despise them and whenever I go to one, I swear I get sicker. Because of the lump, I'm having trouble sleeping (I'll move the wrong way and bump it and it'll hurt) and it gets rubbed on by bra straps, backpacks,etc.I do not have a cat (I do have a hamster, however), so I'm assuming it isn't cat scratch. Come to think of it, my mucous has been a slightly yellowed color, so the infectionseems like a very likely explanation. Oh, and my boyfriend has a history of getting bumps on his back/chest/armpits/other areas, that he has to drain or have drained. I firstthought it was one of these, but that seemed ridiculous, because nothing about it seemed contagious.I'll break down and see if I can get into the doctor tomorrow. I'm srsly not looking forward to this draining process...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 3, 2010
    • 09:39 AM
    Flag this Response
  • im 29 and for the past two weeks (im guessing) i have had this lump under my armpit. I notice the size has change just recently when i shaved, im also 37 weeks pregnant and dont know if it's from me being pregnant (sweat glands) all i know is that im worried and plan to get it checked, so if i were you i would go see the doc asap. better to be safe than sorry. Good luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 17, 2010
    • 08:46 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, I had a very small lump a few months ago and thought it was just a zit or ingrown hair so I popped/drained it, then it went away. I found a larger lump on the same armpit just a few days ago. I'm waiting to see if it grows or hurts even more in the next few days. If anything gets worst, I'm going to the doctor.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 13, 2011
    • 04:08 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I just leave it alone, Dont Touch it or nothing. It will go away in A week or two. But if you push on it or mess with it, It will not go away. I get them all the time. Now if it is big & It gives you to much pain & It want go away Then you need to go see A Doc. To see if it is something more...
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement