Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Right side chest pain

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 9 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 10, 2007
  • 04:06 AM

I've been having these chest pains probably since August of '06. It's usually only when I'm playing basketball and running a lot, and then all of a sudden I feel this pain on my right side of my chest. It feels like it's an aching and tight feeling. Since it's on my right side I don't believe it's anything related to my heart. But, also I used to have no problem running a mile. And now it feels like I'm out of breath and can't breath after 4 or 5 minutes of constant running. It's not asthma I'm sure of that. I was considering some type of diagnosis dealing with the lungs. That's just a guess I don't know, but please help.

Thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion

9 Replies:

• My Daughter Has Been Sick Since About Sept. Of 2005. She Had The Same Problems It Sounds Like You Have. She Has Undergone So Many Tests!!! A Doctor From Chicago Moved Into Our Area And She Saw Him At The Er A Few Nights Back After A Huge Amount Of Pain. He Ran A New Test That She Has Not Had And It Came Back Very Bad. She Had Her Galbladder Removed Today (no Stones Just Not Working).Also Found Out From Surgeon That She Has A Heart Murmur!Good Luck And Don't Stop Trying To Find Answers Because Only You Know How You Feel.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • when i have them it's because i suffer from anxiety. have you talked to your dr about getting help for this?
  • My Daughter Has Been Sick Since About Sept. Of 2005. She Had The Same Problems It Sounds Like You Have. She Has Undergone So Many Tests!!! A Doctor From Chicago Moved Into Our Area And She Saw Him At The Er A Few Nights Back After A Huge Amount Of Pain. He Ran A New Test That She Has Not Had And It Came Back Very Bad. She Had Her Galbladder Removed Today (no Stones Just Not Working).Also Found Out From Surgeon That She Has A Heart Murmur! Good Luck And Don't Stop Trying To Find Answers Because Only You Know How You Feel. can you tell me all of her symptoms? I have had constant pain since sept 06. Lots of tests and no results!ThanksAllison
    vtallison 13 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have a friend who started having the same symptoms as you whenever he exercised or played raquetball. He thought it was muscular or lungs. Turned out it was his heart. He never had left-side pain or that feeling of pressure in the left/center of his chest, but he had blockages in the arteries leading to his right side. He had a stress test and went to surgery the next day. Doing great now because he caught it in time. Always be on the safe side and check for cardiac probs.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 10, 2007
    • 04:22 PM
    Flag this Response
  • holly crap dude i have thos same thing if ur a guy it feels like its right underneth the nipple its like a tight felling true i have nothing wrong with me i when throgh tests and nothing im an ebergetic person im 14 goin on 15 athletic i havnt had this happen to me before it just started last month it feels like sumthingpushing out on your ribs inside and every time i take a breath it hurts I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG!!!
    tyler baraniski 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • Anyone?Can someone please give me some advice on this chest pain i have.It's like a nagging pain, not a pulled muscle though.It's sometimes on the left, then in the centre and on the right, it's never on one side. It hurts the most on the left side of my left breast, and it is VERY sore to touch! It can make me stop dead in my tracks, it's as though i can physically feel the blood pumping around my body, and when it pumps through the heart area, it hurts!Anyone help?!
    MissJema 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I get sort of the same accept with me I run or excercize and a sharp pain suddenly comes after about seven minutes. It is around my upper chest area including the shoulder and collar area. I don't know what it is but it stops me from excercizing or playing sports, and I'm only 16. Thank you for telling me and everyone else about the dangers it could mean. I will be sure to get it checked out by a doctor.
  • just woke up with chest pain on my right side of my chest also/or right below my arm pit. Real tight feeling. been feeling this on and off for quite some time now. can anyone give me some answers?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 20, 2010
    • 09:13 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I am 24 years old female.Few mins ago i had right side chest pain.Actually I felt gas inside my stomach but i gnored it and went to wash my cloths.while sitting on floor i felt like gas was moving up in my body as my stomach was pressed hard my the legs.After few mins i felt sudden pain in my right side chest.Something like sharp or lightining kinda.And i was not able to take long breath.When i try to breath deep,pain feels like its pinching inside.Later on went to washroom.when i released gas i felt the relief..........may be this chest pain was cause of gas
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 17, 2011
    • 02:44 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement