Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Severely affected !! Please help!! Picture provided

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 6,479,240 Replies
  • Posted By: Kate1212
  • February 7, 2013
  • 02:52 PM

Hi

I am a 23 year old female and have been diagnosed with Discoid Eczema and Seb Dermatitis :( I have been using Betnovate Cream (for the itchy patches) and Cetraben emollient cream all over. I have been getting these reddish patches on my chest, arms, neck, back and recently a couple on my cheek and tummy (Picture is of my lower arm). I recently returned to see my Dr as i noticed a few on my tummy and she said it looks like seb derm, but before she told me it was discoid eczema. I feel like screaming as i am getting nowhere!!Occasionally they itch but i seem to be getting more of them, particularly on my arms and neck. I hate how they look and they are really starting to affect me on a day-to-day basis as i am constantly trying to cover up those areas.

Does anybody have any suggestions of what they are? Causes? etc. Would a ***** test be useful? I have reacted to soap and the Dr said it could be a possibility to get the test done.

Thank you.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement