Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

red spots on the palm of my hand

Posted In: Skin conditions 74 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 9, 2007
  • 08:35 AM

about a week ago i've gotten red spots on my hand, they are not raised and they are very itchy, and normally i have very sweaty hands they have always been this way since i've been a kid, but now they have been dry as of late and i was wondering if that might have anything to do with it, also i've made some changes in my life like i used to live in rhode island but i moved to lousiana about a month ago and since i've been here i've stopped smoking pot, also since working down here i touch alot of cardboard with the job that i have i touch cardboard all day, and since i was a kid i've never liked the feel of cardboard. so maybe something i've said has something to do with my problem if anybody has any info please let me know the itching is driving me nuts

Reply Flag this Discussion

74 Replies:

• Did you ever think of Prickly Heat?http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec18/ch206/ch206b.htmlor just google it.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • ***n I have the same exact thing. I sometimes have sweaty palms and over the last few weeks itchy red dots began appearing on my palms and they come and go. lately they started increasing in number and All this started since i quit smoking pot about a month ago... If you find out anything please post it.... thats just too weird, weed withdrawals?
  • you know.. i didnt even think about the pot thing.. mine seem to come on when i have a lot of anxiety, they itch for a few days then sometimes dry out and begin peeling. I used to smoke pot heavily and hardly ever touch it anymore. Doc. gave me some ointment for it but it's just annoying and doesnt really work. Also, they tend to come around if i've been drinking more often than not ( again revolves back to anxieties which are my #1 trigger for excess drinking.) I've found that practicing healthier activities and lowering the stress in my life makes these annoying red spotted itchy palms not occur as often. Good Luck!!John from Michigan
  • You know, that's really weird that both of you guys get the spots and you both have smoked weed. Because I am now getting the spots on the palms of my hands as well. It may be weed withdrawls, or anxiety. I have anxiety but just recently started getting them when I quit smoking weed. Very odd, they come and go just yours.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 3, 2008
    • 04:51 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Wow, I have the same thing... my palms used to be sweaty, but now I have these red bumps, at first they werent raised, and they didnt itch, but now they do itch, and they are getting redder and lasting longer. This has been happening for about two weeks now...But I don't smoke weed, so it can't really be that...Mybe Rocky Mountain fever? Would I know if I got a tick bite?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 12, 2008
    • 06:05 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I, too, have the red spots that itch on my palms. Seems to have come around the same time the past 2-3 years and goes away in the summer. That's right, they come in fall and stay through winter until the warmer months. I live in the North East US so it gets dry and cold and that's when they come. I've never smoked a puff of pot in my life so it can't be that, but I have been dealing with high anxiety situations lately - promotion to manager at my job, building an addition to my house, etc - and anxiety seems to play a common theme on this thread. I've searched a bit and this thread is the only topic that seems to really match my symptoms. I, too, got the "here use this lotion" from my PCP, but it doesn't really work all that well. It seems that if I work with tools (constant gripping and rubbing of hand tools on the palms) tends to intensify the itch and then the spots will sometimes become raised bumps until I let them "calm down" by not rubbing them or anything. I'm not sure what causes them, but I was leaning towards the cold/dryness until I read the other posts about anxiety - interesting. I have anxiety issues in summer, too, but never notice the problem. Could be that the humidity counteracts the symptom and masks it? I dunno.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 12, 2008
    • 09:56 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same problem as you guys have. I live north east part of the US in Ohio where the weather is now getting pretty cold. My palms started to get itchy 2 weeks ago and most part of the day I can barely see them as the spots mix up with the rest of my palm. But, especially immediately after a hand wash, I can see them clearly and its more itchy and then fades out. However, recently very occassionaly i am getting itch at other parts of my body and when I rub it for a minute or more, they bump. I can however feel that the way it appears is lot different to the itch on my palm. May be unrelated but just mentioning it. I never smoke so its not that for sure. What appears to be common on this thread is the weather. I am planning to take dermatologist appointment soon and will post here if he determines anything. my palm is usually dry and its been like that since 25 years.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 17, 2008
    • 06:06 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi,same here, i have the same symptoms, winter induced, my normally moist hands become dry, then the onset of red dots, then finally peeling. I have done a bit of research and my only suggestion is "Dyshidrotic Eczema". Look into it, maybe you will also agree that it fits your descriptions. My only advice which I would like to take myself, is move somewhere warm and never go back to winter!good luck
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 21, 2008
    • 11:01 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I also has what everyone is discribing, feels like you have slivers in your hands if you rub them together, than you can see the small bumps if you push down on the skin, or sometimes even without pushing on the skin, it is for sure a type of eczema. I have allready gone to the doctor for it and they were able to make it go away by giving me a light dose of predazone, only 10mg. went away right away, down side to that is the stuff will keep you up all night if you take it late. Not the type of med you want to take if you don't have to, so I only recommend getting a perscription if it is driving you crazy like it has drove me crazy. Hope this helps anyone. Good Luck. Chris.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 6, 2008
    • 04:00 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i also have the red spots on the palm of my hands and they also itch after i scratch the red spots they turn white and turn into bumps but after i try not to scratch the bumps go away. i dont no if i have anxitey maybe its that or maybe becuase i have been stressing alot could it be that? i also itch on my body and after i scratch i get bumps but when i dont scratch they go away waht can i do should i go to the hospital?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 8, 2008
    • 11:34 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I, too, noticed red spots on the palm of my right hand one morning after a particularly intense nightmare. I also stopped smoking not too long ago but I never really did enough to be going through withdrawls. At first I thought it was some substance, but it would not wash away. When I first got them they were accompanied with green spots as well. The green spots went away almost the same day but the red ones stayed for nearly a week and went away on their own. They were never itchy or raised.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 10, 2008
    • 11:46 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I have been having the red splotches on my left hand which itch terribly and also sweat. My right hand is normal. I was born and raised in the north east and have been living in LA for 5 years now and only recently has this started. So I would have to say it is not from the cold, seeing how it has been seasonably warm. Although I do have issues with severe anxiety and also have resently quite smoking pot. I recall the last time I quit, the same thing occured. Seeing that half of us have smoked pot and half have not, maybe it is due to anxiety. I also believe that smoking pot helps relieve anxiety and noticed that when I quit, my anxiety increases.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 5, 2009
    • 09:49 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Today I picked up my pen to take a quiz and it hurt the skin in between my thumb and forefinger. I thought it was a cut but later I looked and I have several red dots in that area on my palm and a few across my palm. I have a few in the same area on my left palm. They weren't here yesterday and I've never had them before. I live in Florida so it's not very dry here. I've never done any drugs. I don't have particularly sweaty hands (They're almost always freezing). I do a sport for which I wear gloves most of the time but I'm not allergic to anything and the kind of glove I'm wearing now isn't especially new to me and I haven't even worn them in two weeks. What could it be?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 9, 2009
    • 09:38 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i also have red dots on the palms of my hands which itch, i live in england and its summer here so been hot weather, had them for a week now and it comes and goes. i smoke but i dont smoke pot, i shouldnt be suffering from anxiety as im on anti depressants which also treat anxiety!think ill go to the chemist tomorrow and see what they say :S
  • yea i live in england, and have had these dots on the pal m of my hands from about 2 years ago i only noticed them then, but they go away literally by the next day, its weird cause they just come and go randomly when i go swimming a lot my hands will dry out and they sometimes appear, i do get anxious but who doesnt really, i do smoke weed and sometimes my hands sweat but sometimes there really dry...hmm
  • Hello everybody! English is my second language so excuse me in advance for my mistakes! My mother has the spots in her both palms and we're living in North Cyprus where we have a pretty long and "hot" summer! and this accured by now on 23/07/2009 mid summer. please take a notice! Because i've red one of the replies above that says it's happened because of the "cold" weather which is not correct in this case! Although i was thinking the exactly the opposite because of the very hot and humidity weather? And this isn't correct either. So we're still looking for the cause. I hope that i give you an other idea for the subject. Though it could be helpful if we could take it's photos and put it through here then we can see better if we're all on the same subject.Describtion: Red spots in the borth palms and "not itchy" but it hurts. I think there's some tiny liquid substance in these spots as well.
  • ive got the same thing and i dont smoke weed, yet i touch cardboard all day as well. have all the same symptoms like itchy and peeling hands. i think it is anxiety as well.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 24, 2009
    • 07:21 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same problem for little over 2 years now. But i don't think it has anything to do with weather!, Stress maybe, as I have a busy job and the stress never goes off. I have dry skin, at first I used to get these inflammatory rings on the sides of my eyes. i was treated with a Aterex 10mg for a month by dermatologist. The rings did not appear after that. Then it started with my palms, random Red spots in different sizes. It pains when you press these spots and the itchiness is unbearable. Usually gets worse at night. I am using Ezerra Cream, a mild medication which helps take away the itchiness, inflamation and moistures the skin. But it comes back after sometime. As some have pointed out I do smoke pot occasionally. I had quit for 6 months but no change. Can anyone help?? Charlie
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 1, 2009
    • 01:35 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Alright. So get this. I usually get sweaty palms fairly easily and I smoked weed a good amount over the past two years. At times multiple times per day and at times every other day, but i wouldn't have passed a piss test for 2 years if you know what i mean. I lived in New England. This summer I got into a school in Florida and I decided to go and stop smoking weed. It's been 3 weeks without weed, and today I got these little red spots on my palms, looking like they're under the skin, about 30 or so on each palm. At first they didn't itch, and then they started itching. My palms were pretty sweaty too. So, I decided to look it up. Googled "red spots on the palm of my hand". Led me to here. I read everything everyone said on here. Came up with a conclusion. I bought a bag of headies, rolled up a joint, burn it down, and my hands dried and stopped itching. Red spots are still there, but some are fading. I'm pretty high now. Yeah. Good weed.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 5, 2009
    • 06:06 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I've got the same problem as you all. I've stopped smoking weed about 17 days ago and recently I've been under a lot of anxiety and my hands usually sweat constantly and have ever since I was young. What the ***l is wrong with us?! This is so annoying. I have these freaking red dots all on the palms of my hands and they are also on my fingers as well. Does anyone know of a treatment for this? I don't really go to the doctor and at first, I was thinking it was like athletes foot except, on the hands. I don't know what the ***l to do...I just wash my hands and let very hot water run on them for a while but, it doesn't really help.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 28, 2009
    • 05:56 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement