Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Pain from head to toe. Hand and feet numbness. Burning feeling in ****. Swollen veins

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Pipernator
  • May 22, 2012
  • 04:35 AM

Someone PLEASE HELP. My 59 year old mother has been in disabilitating severe chronic pain for over a year now with no answers. She has been healthy her entire life, exercise regulary, healthy weight, non smoker, non drinker, never touched drugs. Gradually over the last year her health keeps getting worse. Severe pain in back, legs, arms, head, and even hands and feet. She twitches sporadicly and her legs, hands and feet will go numb. She has a burning feeling in her buttocks and the veins in her arms and hands get swollen and stick out.

She has seen 6 Doctors, had Xrays, nerve testing, and brain and spine MRIs all showing nothing. No Lupus, Lyme disease, MS, ect. They just have no idea and she is constantly getting worse. Her newest symptom is a tiny rash on her nose that as appeared. She is very sensitive to drugs and can't take many. They have her on Hydrocodone every 4 hours and she is still hurting so badly she can't lift her arms enough to wash her own hair.

Does anyone have a similar story, suggestions, ideas or anything at all that may help. Right now we are just trying to get her comfortable. The Hydrodcodone is NOT working. I have heard of Fentanyl patches?? We are so desperate we have also considered holistic treatments such as acupuncture and I was wanting to try her on a Gluten free diet as well. I heard that can help with pain?.?.....?

Please ANY advice or suggestions would mean the world. Thank you.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement