Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Cannot get better after 7 months

Posted In: Medical Stories 6,412,840 Replies
  • Posted By: barbarajane
  • April 10, 2012
  • 05:11 PM

Hi I would like some advice please if anyone has or is going through what I am. I was diagnosed 7 months ago with stomach ulcers and a hernia, I was given meds and for a month or so it was better, it then returned and I just couldnt get a app to see my surgeon, he was always fully booked, i went to my GP more times than i can count, i was given every medication possible,i visited the casualty dept a couple of times, was hooked up to a Nexiam drip for a couple of hours, given a ECG as i thought im having a heart attack and all was always clear. This went on over the whole of Christmas, not being able to get proper treatment, being ignored basically. All the while i got worse, I thought i was dying. In Jan i went to another surgeon who did a scope and i was then diagnosed with a colon problem and treated but the pain in the stomach eased however I got worse and worse mentally, got to the point I couldnt be alone anywhere, i would stay with anyone as to not be alone, heart palpitations, feeling of overwhelming fear, just sheer living ****. Again I was at the Dr almost every 2nd day, i took myself to see a psychologist who said i was suffering from anxiety attacks, I didnt go for a follow up visit as I didnt like the Dr, I am now on Lexotan which has definately helped however I still have constant pain everyday at some point of the day in some area of my body, mostly in the chest and shoulder blade area. Ive been to see 2 different GP's twice the past week and the one said outright he doesnt know whats wrong, the other one was supposed to get back to me as he suspects Fibromyalgia, from what ive researched its not Fibromyalgia, its just a constant tight, squeezing, burning feeling around the chest/upper stomach area and generally feeling unwell. I still have this constant fear something is seriously wrong with me but no-one seems to listen or care anymore and Im desperate to sort this out and feel well again.............PLEASE does anyone have any advice?? Thanks for taking the time to read this

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement