Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

I just turned 30, and i see my life passing me by everyday!

Posted In: Medical Stories 6,412,540 Replies
  • Posted By: Lynny30
  • April 9, 2012
  • 02:12 PM

I first want to start off by saying, any insight on what could be going on with me would truly be a miracle! My story is a little long so I will try to keep it as short as possible. It all started in late September 2011. I was in the operating room undergoing a D&C for a miscarriage I had. The doctor told me everything went fine and I would return to my normal self within a few days. However, that was not the case! After a slew of infections and being on over 10 different antibiotics for about a 3 month time span my health was starting to deterioriate. So, that brings me to around Christmas time 2011. While still battleing bacterial infections, I came down with a bad flu. I was in the ER and was given a magnesium IV and sent home, which is a given for only having a flu. The mystery is just about to happen. January 3,2012 I was taking a nap at my boyfriends house when I woke up sweating, lightheaded, and feeling like I was going to pass out. I haven't been the same since then. My symptoms are as follows: I am unable to sleep without knocking myself out with xanax, I feel like I (internally shake) when I am trying to sleep, neck pain, head pain on left side only, eyebrow and eye pain, extreme mental and physical fatigue, all day, everyday, lightheaded and shaky all the time. Now mind you, I have never had these symptoms prior to taking this nap back in January. I have been to doctors who tell me it's anxiety and depression. I have had these issues in the past and the symptoms I am experiencing now are not related to anxiety and depression I don't feel. I've had blood work done and was a little low on vitamin D. I recently just got over another bacterial infection and a 7 day course of flagyl. I've had chest x-rays, transvaginal ultrasounds, and an abdomen catscan. Everything comes back normal. I have an appointment to get a catscan done this month. My biggest fear is not knowing what is going on with me and having to feel this way any longer. Like I stated above, I just turned 30 in January and with my current health conditions I am unable to hold down a job and just recently had to move back in with my parents. Has anyone else had this happen to them before? I am really at my wits end on what to do or where to go from here! Thanks to anyone and everyone in taking the time to read my post and sharing your thoughts!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement