Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Small red/pink ITCHY & dense bumps all over body Worse at night & sometimes it burns

Posted In: Skin conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: MissAcoustic
  • February 17, 2012
  • 02:08 AM

Hello everyone! I am looking for some help.. I'm sure many others are, too. I have visited different forums and have yet to find an answer... So now I am making my own thread hoping to help myself and others who are in need.

Ok. I have, as in the title, small red/pink dense and very itchy bumps ( they are worse at night ) on almost every part of my body.
They are recurring. The first time I got them was probably 2 years ago. They were on my inner thighs, inner elbow, abdomen and my lower back. They were symmetrical. Same on both sides of my body. I had them one other time after that. But both of these times they went away within a 12 - 36 hours.

But this time.. I have had them for 2+ weeks. It started on my hands ( and has stayed there. But other parts of my body have cleared up, came back and gotten worse.. and over and over again. A vicious cycle... ) So I went to the doctor because I was having sinus problems and troubles breathing and I was prescribed prednisone and two different types of inhalers. My lung function improved and my sinuses cleared up but the rash never went away.

A few days ago my sinuses started to get stuffed up again and I was coughing up nasty mucus. I am still a bit stuffy and have post nasal drip, but not coughing up anything... BUT my rash has spread to my stomach and back again but it is ALL OVER. Not just in the lower regions. It is also on the tops AND inner parts of my thighs. And today it spread to my neck.

I have looked up so much trying to figure out what could be going on with my body. I found something called Felty's Syndrome..
I looked into it and I do have many of the symptoms.. Like this problem with my skin, heart palpitations, but I have had those forever. And my arms hurt once and a while. My fingers get pale/grey sometimes.. Those would symptoms from 2 of the parts of Felty's syndrome.. I am just not sure about the enlarged spleen. =/

I would just like to find out before I go to the doctor asking about it if there are other things that this could be. I know there are probably a bunch of possibilities and I want to have a list to bring to my primary physician...

Here are some general facts about me, I am a 19 year old female. A bit overweight. Not obese but not skinny. I am caucasian and do not smoke/drink or do drugs.

Thank you so much to anyone who responds/participates.

LETS NIP THIS IN THE BUD! :)

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• OMGoodness-I cant tell you how releived I am to hear that I am not the ONLY ONE who is going CRAZY with itching and burning at night!!!! Not knowing what to do and as a last ditch effort I came to this forum to see if I could get help. So here I am with the same story as everyone..I was just at the doctor and she gave me a vitamin B-12 shot (wasnt exactly sure why...I thought because I am tired all the time) I also have vitamin d deficiency and I am dehydrated. As I read other post a person said they were dehydrated and it could possibly come from that..I will definetly ask my Doctor too tell me more about the B12, dehydration and BURNING ITCHY SKIN. For the last couple of years at night I get red raised bumps that itch...I thought it was hives due to my nerves or something...I started taking "Benadryl" which by the way works to this day for me. I want to say within the last 6 mos not only do I have the raised hive like bumps but the itching is accompanied by BURNING!! I took allergy test (where they ***** you 29 times on one arm and 30 on the other) it turns out I am allergic to house dust (imagine that!!)...at any rate, the BENADRYL will work as a temporary fix until I can get back to the doctor...Lethand in there!I hope this wont be another one of those things I am gonna have to learn to deal with...because I cant take the itching and burning! I will stay tuned for updates regarding any help! I willl post any new information I get as well!Hello everyone! I am looking for some help.. I'm sure many others are, too. I have visited different forums and have yet to find an answer... So now I am making my own thread hoping to help myself and others who are in need. Ok. I have, as in the title, small red/pink dense and very itchy bumps ( they are worse at night ) on almost every part of my body. They are recurring. The first time I got them was probably 2 years ago. They were on my inner thighs, inner elbow, abdomen and my lower back. They were symmetrical. Same on both sides of my body. I had them one other time after that. But both of these times they went away within a 12 - 36 hours. But this time.. I have had them for 2+ weeks. It started on my hands ( and has stayed there. But other parts of my body have cleared up, came back and gotten worse.. and over and over again. A vicious cycle... ) So I went to the doctor because I was having sinus problems and troubles breathing and I was prescribed prednisone and two different types of inhalers. My lung function improved and my sinuses cleared up but the rash never went away. A few days ago my sinuses started to get stuffed up again and I was coughing up nasty mucus. I am still a bit stuffy and have post nasal drip, but not coughing up anything... BUT my rash has spread to my stomach and back again but it is ALL OVER. Not just in the lower regions. It is also on the tops AND inner parts of my thighs. And today it spread to my neck. I have looked up so much trying to figure out what could be going on with my body. I found something called Felty's Syndrome..I looked into it and I do have many of the symptoms.. Like this problem with my skin, heart palpitations, but I have had those forever. And my arms hurt once and a while. My fingers get pale/grey sometimes.. Those would symptoms from 2 of the parts of Felty's syndrome.. I am just not sure about the enlarged spleen. =/I would just like to find out before I go to the doctor asking about it if there are other things that this could be. I know there are probably a bunch of possibilities and I want to have a list to bring to my primary physician...Here are some general facts about me, I am a 19 year old female. A bit overweight. Not obese but not skinny. I am caucasian and do not smoke/drink or do drugs. Thank you so much to anyone who responds/participates. LETS NIP THIS IN THE BUD! :)
    kvmcneal 1 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement