Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Acute Pain 3 1/2 Months after Rotator Cuff Surgery

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: MaineCoonLvr
  • November 8, 2011
  • 01:26 PM

Hello to Anyone Who Might Comment or Share Information:

I had rotator cuff surgery July 28th -- pretty rough stuff but lucked out with a great surgeon and an ultra-fabulous PT therapist. I'm very aware that shoulder surgery is a 'normal' 4 to 8 month process -- maybe even a year -- to get rid of all the pain................

But, the pain I'm now experiencing is stronger than several weeks ago. I worked my way thru the protocols to achieve the degrees of 180 angle when arm is straight up; 90 degrees to the right; 85 degrees to the left, etc. --- but the residual pains now are drastically awful. I have pains up in the neck, across the neck, down the backside of the arm, into the wrist with a lot of hard tingling pain. The arm was gaining strength there for awhile -- but now is losing that strength to the point I'm at a Level 4 pain even typing this.

Is anyone out there acquainted with NEUROPATHY? Is this a possible pinched or compacted nerve? I'm 69 -- and know that at my age the process of healing will take longer since my muscles are tighter than when I was younger. BUT, I'm a very active, well-exercised (still slowly jog, go to the gym 5 to 7 days a week, stay active with quilting and lots of activities, etc.). I'd love to stay in PT since I have such good help - but now the wonderment is going towards seeing a neurologist. Anyone with any suggestions or ideas -- I'd love to read what you have to say.

Wishing everyone out there a healthy, happy day.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement