Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Sjogrens Syndrome

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 5, 2007
  • 05:38 PM

Hi, A few years ago, I went to the doctor because I had severe joint pain. The doctor ran some blood tests and said I possible had Rheumatoid Arthritis. This was surprising since I was only 42 years old at the time. A few years before that I had been diagnosed with IBS which has since resolved itself by diet and exercise. This becomes relevent later. After a few more doctor visits and some blood tests, the doctor said I had gout because my uric acid levels were slightly elevated. He then sent me to a Rheumatologist. The Rheumatologist then said I had Sjogrens Syndrome which caused the other symptoms. This was the only thing that has made sense since. I told the Rheumatologist that I still had some urinary problems since the time I was diagnosed with IBS that haven't went away. He referred me to a Urologist. After about six visits to the urologist, his best GUESS was that I has Interstitial Cystitis with possible kidney problems. He sent me to a Nephrologist and a Immuneologist/Allergist. The Nephrologist sent me back to the Urologist and also referred me to a Endocrineologist. The Immuneoologist did several allergin tests which made me have severe cold sypmtoms for three days and a bout of polyuria.

My sypmtoms include intermittent frequent urination (every 20 minutes), urinary urgency and nocturia. They usually occur after waking up and last for about three hours. By that time, I am dehydrated and the frequency subsides to about every two hours. I then only drink small amounts of water to keep me hydrated and prevent another bout. There are times when everything runs normal and the symtoms do not present themselves. It appears my body likes to stay in a slightly dehydrated state. Since the doctors don't appear to want to help me or can't, I find myself trying to diagnose my own medical problems which I know I should be doing.

Is there anyone that can help out there? Maybe someone has Sjogrens Syndrome with similar symptoms and has already been through all of this. I have a job that I cannot be running to the bathroom all the time. It's ruining my career and it's embarrassing.

Thanks,
Steinman1

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement