Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Itchy, red bumps, contagious

Posted In: Skin conditions 22 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 4, 2007
  • 04:23 AM

Myself, and my entire family have all developed small red, itchy bumps. The symptoms started appearing about two weeks ago with the arrival of my grandfather (who is suffering from what is doctor's believe to be Grover's Disease, which occurs in older males and is a skin disease). It's a possibility that he gave us something, but Grover's is not communicable. The physician we spoke to believes it to be scabies, but there is not tell-tale zigzag trail through the skin, and since we treated ourselves with Acticin 5%, but even more bumps have appeared since then. Has anyone else suffered from the same symptoms?

Reply Flag this Discussion

22 Replies:

• OH MY GOODNESS! THE SAME THING WITH ME! i developed it first on my rash and thought it was hives or something and it spread. Now my fiance and sister and cousin both have it but not as bad as me. i was told it could possibly be the hand & Foot disease thing and Kaiser gave me 2 prescriptions that seemed settle it but i've it for at least 3 weeks now and it has come back today again!!! What can or have you done or what can be done to rid your body of this??? asollers@yahoo.com
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I showed my dad the bumps i had, they started on my wrists and came up my arm... then on my chest... and that is where im at now... my dad has it too... and now my roommate just got some today... i have no idea what it is, but i feel like it is bed bugs, scabies or something animal related... but i feel like i would have it all over my body if it was one of these... i am trying to be patient and just see if it goes away on its own...
  • I showed my dad the bumps i had, they started on my wrists and came up my arm... then on my chest... and that is where im at now... my dad has it too... and now my roommate just got some today... i have no idea what it is, but i feel like it is bed bugs, scabies or something animal related... but i feel like i would have it all over my body if it was one of these... i am trying to be patient and just see if it goes away on its own...Hi. Any luck with these? I seem to have something quite similar, and now my girlfriend has these bumps. Are trying premetherin, but don't have a lot of scabie symptoms, so think it may be something else.Thanks.
  • Myself, and my entire family have all developed small red, itchy bumps. The symptoms started appearing about two weeks ago with the arrival of my grandfather (who is suffering from what is doctor's believe to be Grover's Disease, which occurs in older males and is a skin disease). It's a possibility that he gave us something, but Grover's is not communicable. The physician we spoke to believes it to be scabies, but there is not tell-tale zigzag trail through the skin, and since we treated ourselves with Acticin 5%, but even more bumps have appeared since then. Has anyone else suffered from the same symptoms?I'm going throuhg a similar thing right now. I need to ask, when you used the Acticin, it was a 2 week thing right? use at night once, then week later one more time? I put it on and took my normal dose of antihistamines at bedtime and i didn't sleep at all, my skin was so itchy and tingly and new bumps appeared on my ankles. i've checked for bugs and for traces of scabies but my roommate is showing ZERO symtoms, but my boyfriend now has them on his wrist adn they are spreading. I have been to my PCP twice, a dermatologist and even an allergist. I can't find anything that makes sense on line and my doctors are dumbfounded.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 18, 2010
    • 04:10 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Most who suffer from Grovers Disease have a conspicuous rash and significant itch. The rash/itch can last for weeks or months, so dealing with it is imperative to allow you to live your life while the problem is diagnosed and helped.Here's a page that provides home remedies for this kind of itch http://www.best-mens-skin-care.com/home-remedies-for-an-itch-like-grovers-disease.html
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 24, 2010
    • 05:10 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Myself, and my entire family have all developed small red, itchy bumps. The symptoms started appearing about two weeks ago with the arrival of my grandfather (who is suffering from what is doctor's believe to be Grover's Disease, which occurs in older males and is a skin disease). It's a possibility that he gave us something, but Grover's is not communicable. The physician we spoke to believes it to be scabies, but there is not tell-tale zigzag trail through the skin, and since we treated ourselves with Acticin 5%, but even more bumps have appeared since then. Has anyone else suffered from the same symptoms?My friend came over and said she had an allergic reaction to gluton, and that her bumps weren't contagious. everyone in my house and everyone that we hang out are getting these bumps.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 1, 2011
    • 05:49 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm going throuhg a similar thing right now. I need to ask, when you used the Acticin, it was a 2 week thing right? use at night once, then week later one more time? I put it on and took my normal dose of antihistamines at bedtime and i didn't sleep at all, my skin was so itchy and tingly and new bumps appeared on my ankles. i've checked for bugs and for traces of scabies but my roommate is showing ZERO symtoms, but my boyfriend now has them on his wrist adn they are spreading. I have been to my PCP twice, a dermatologist and even an allergist. I can't find anything that makes sense on line and my doctors are dumbfounded.Have you had any luck with finding out the cause of the itching? cause i am in the same situation! and my boyfriend is now starting to itch, and showing the same symptoms as me! The doctors are no help right now, so if you know of anything id love to hear it! im going crazy!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 24, 2011
    • 00:44 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm going throuhg a similar thing right now. I need to ask, when you used the Acticin, it was a 2 week thing right? use at night once, then week later one more time? I put it on and took my normal dose of antihistamines at bedtime and i didn't sleep at all, my skin was so itchy and tingly and new bumps appeared on my ankles. i've checked for bugs and for traces of scabies but my roommate is showing ZERO symtoms, but my boyfriend now has them on his wrist adn they are spreading. I have been to my PCP twice, a dermatologist and even an allergist. I can't find anything that makes sense on line and my doctors are dumbfounded. Have you had any luck with finding out the cause of the itching? cause i am in the same situation! and my boyfriend is now starting to itch, and showing the same symptoms as me! The doctors are no help right now, so if you know of anything id love to hear it! im going crazy!
    4inone 1 Replies
    • February 24, 2011
    • 00:49 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Word on the street is this has spread from Ohio all the way to the keys. we have it in Atlanta. No word on the media. Its not scabies, you would know. I believe this to be a new skin plague that is being blacked out by the media. We have small itchy headless red bumps that appear and spread slowly, but not due to scratching. At least i don't believe it to be from scratching, because i don't scratch them. I am waiting for more reports from the west coast. Thanks for everyone talking about this. Americans are shy about their skin as we worship beauty above all else. but we need answers
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 28, 2011
    • 03:38 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Have you had any luck with finding out the cause of the itching? cause i am in the same situation! and my boyfriend is now starting to itch, and showing the same symptoms as me! The doctors are no help right now, so if you know of anything id love to hear it! im going crazy!Has anyone had any luck finding out the cause of/cure for these red itchy bumps? My boyfriend's son contracted something in India. His girlfriend has it. Now my boyfriend has it, and I'm just starting to see the first signs of bumps on my ankles. They are small, hard, itchy bumps.
  • I'm in WV and we're dealing with the same thing. Our pediatrician diagnosed us with scabies back in January. We were prescribed Permithrin. We did everything we were supposed to and did the follow up treatment a week later. Here it is April and we still have it. The pictures of scabies I've seen don't look like what we have. I took my youngest back to the dr. the other day and she said it couldn't be scabies, probably eczema. Um... Eczema is not contagious! I've dealt with eczema in 3 of my 7 kids and I've never had eczema. Why all of a sudden does our entire house of 8 have eczema. I'm so frustrated. I just don't know what to do.
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• i'm going throuhg a similar thing right now. I need to ask, when you used the acticin, it was a 2 week thing right? Use at night once, then week later one more time? I put it on and took my normal dose of antihistamines at bedtime and i didn't sleep at all, my skin was so itchy and tingly and new bumps appeared on my ankles. I've checked for bugs and for traces of scabies but my roommate is showing zero symtoms, but my boyfriend now has them on his wrist adn they are spreading. I have been to my pcp twice, a dermatologist and even an allergist. I can't find anything that makes sense on line and my doctors are dumbfounded.ditto, i'm over this....it's been since september....my kids got lice so did i. Red itchy bumps developed on the back of my neck. It's been 6 months, i've moved so i know it isn't the house, and 5 doctor appts later, creams, antibiotics not cure!
  • Reading through this thread it sounds just like my spots. I started out with a few on my ankles then it spread to my arms. Now it's on my back and hands. They appear suddenly and then some disappear after a few hours others I've had pretty much the whole time. It's driving me crazy. I thought it was hives and took an extra strength antihistamine for 12 days and nothing. Can't figure out what it can be. I've changed detergent, soap, shampoo, nothing worked. Hives are not contagious. Now my boyfriend has the same bumps all over his body. It's now been 4 months anyone have any answers as to what this is and how to get rid of it. Summers coming and I'd hate to be full of spots.
  • I think it is CA-MRSA. You probably need to see an infectious disease doctor. I think it hasn't reached the media because, at the moment, it is unstoppable. With CA-MRSA the bacteria is left everywhere the infected touch. Wash your hands when you get home, take off your shoes, wash your hands before you get one of those greasy cheeseburgers. This has helped me tremendously. I'm trying to convince my wife to wear latex gloves in public ,but she's in denial. Without a family effort it's unavoidable.
  • Something is going on. 3 months ago starting getting itchy welts here and there. Doctor shrugged it off as a topical allergic reaction. Gave me some cream, did not really help. Went back three weeks later and this time he put me on a steroid for three weeks. Knocked the bumps back slightly, but still there. Went back again and he just didn't have an answer, and off I went. Now my wife and child are having the exact same thing happen to them! What the ***l is this? It's not bed bugs, or any kind of bug bites. This was confirmed by doctor and dermatologist. Neither one of them has an answer. 2:00 in the afternoon is when they usually start to appear for all of us! Work, home, school, wherever. Just bam! Here they are. What is this?!
  • I've had an itchy rash on my back for about 4 months; just chalked it up to acne. In the past week, it's spread to my belly, chest, thighs, legs, shoulders, neck and arms. I thought it was a medication reaction and have been watching it closely. I called doc and she said to tamp off meds slowly to see if that was it. Hasn't helped and tonight, my eight-year old daughter showed me a bump here....there...55 in total! We are looking up CA-MRSA. Please post again if you get any news! Thank you!
  • Word on the street is this has spread from Ohio all the way to the keys. we have it in Atlanta. No word on the media. Its not scabies, you would know. I believe this to be a new skin plague that is being blacked out by the media. We have small itchy headless red bumps that appear and spread slowly, but not due to scratching. At least i don't believe it to be from scratching, because i don't scratch them. I am waiting for more reports from the west coast. Thanks for everyone talking about this. Americans are shy about their skin as we worship beauty above all else. but we need answersIs this a joke or serious we live in wv my daughter 24 who lives with us and her baby are both itching my daughter since feb and i got it in may, flesh colored bumps that turn red when scratched, couldnt help myself lol. all over my arms and legs my daughters are everywhere , now the baby 15 month olds has them weve all been to the dr,. a bunch of answers that dont work. have you found out anything thanks
  • I have had the same thing since October..I thought it was because my kids and I moved into a mobile home and there might have been bugs or something in the home. But, now I don't think thats the case..The carpeting was brand new, a new roof was put on, and I keep the house very clean. I have exhausted myself every day trying to find the cause and a solution to this problem. I've been to my doctor several times, he thought it was scabies, treatments for that didn't work, then thought it was a bacterial infection from water, antibiotics didn't work. I have been to a dermatologist who brushed it off as acne, but it is on my back, arms, hips and butt. Starting to show up on the legs. I have an appointment with a different Dermatologist..hoping maybe to find an answer, but doubtful.. I feel better to know that others are struggling with the same problem..Please let me know if anyone finds a cure! I will do the same!
  • I have had the same thing since October..I thought it was because my kids and I moved into a mobile home and there might have been bugs or something in the home. But, now I don't think thats the case..The carpeting was brand new, a new roof was put on, and I keep the house very clean. I have exhausted myself every day trying to find the cause and a solution to this problem. I've been to my doctor several times, he thought it was scabies, treatments for that didn't work, then thought it was a bacterial infection from water, antibiotics didn't work. I have been to a dermatologist who brushed it off as acne, but it is on my back, arms, hips and butt. Starting to show up on the legs. I have an appointment with a different Dermatologist..hoping maybe to find an answer, but doubtful.. I feel better to know that others are struggling with the same problem..Please let me know if anyone finds a cure! I will do the same!We picked this up near the James River in Virginia. Doctors have no idea what it is. Please someone post if you get any more information.
  • Research Mulluscum Contagiosum.....I believe this is what most of you have.
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement