Discussions By Condition: Allergies

itchy mostly on hands and feet

Posted In: Allergies 6 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 3, 2007
  • 03:08 PM

Starting yesterday afternoon, I began noticing that my hands were itchy on the inside, by the end of the day I noticed it was also my feet. I do not notice anything onthe outside, it is like they are itching on the inside. :(
It is really driving me crazy. I took some oatmeal baths which seems to help but almost immediately I slowly start to notice it again. I cannot figure out what is happening. Please help.

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• Is it when your body temperature changes? Like from cool to warm? I experience this too. Mostly when my body is getting too warm.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • My hands itch when the touch anything cold....this has begun to occur since I had a rattlesnake bite earlier this summer....on my left hand.It's bothersome-so I just wear mits when I have to handle cold things.I'd still like to know what the deal is tho'.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 6, 2007
    • 08:19 PM
    Flag this Response
  • did you ever find out what caused this? I am having the same problem but when I take Zyrtec it goes away. As long as I take Zyrtec everyday I don't have the problem.
    laurakco 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • did you ever find out what caused this? I am having the same problem but when I take Zyrtec it goes away. As long as I take Zyrtec everyday I don't have the problem.It's a leftover reaction to your snake bite. It's neurological. You might neet to try temporary nerve blocks for the palms of your hands and feet, cortizone shots in those areas, or the new metheod is, believe it or not, Botox in those areas. The botulism stops the glands from overprocessing which could cause excessive sweating and itching in your hands and feet. Works in pits too.
  • If pregnant...get checked for I.C.P. (cholestasis of pregnancy)
  • "as long as I take zyrtec everyday I'm fine" Look up the blog "quit zyrtec, get itchy". Scary stuff!!
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement