Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Period every 2 weeks, pain, mood swings, please help :(

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: belle57
  • August 2, 2011
  • 03:29 PM

Hi,

This problem is ruining my life and I cannot get a diagnosis from any GP

I'm 23, I always had regular periods until 2 years ago. I've been on an off the ill before there and it was still regular, always heavy though.
2 years ago i started to get full on periods every 2 weeks with everything else that comes with it, the pain, tear-fullness, depression, bloat etc for a week before.
i went to my GP numerous times, they put me on various combined pills to no effect (didn't stop, I still bled) including progesterone only. I have had blood and hormone tests. I have also been for an ultrasound which didn't spot anything out of the ordinary. As I've moved around a bit i've been to many GP's and they haven't been able to help.
The problem seems to have gotten worse recently, I'm experiencing period pain every day, i'm often exhausted, nausea, i get unbearable hot flushes, my mood swings make me think i'm going mad, and my bleeding can be irregular. My last period lasted 16 days. I went back to my GP in tears to try and get a refferal which he didn't give me. He examined me and told me it is a hormone problem. He put me back on a pill I have been on before (loestrin 30) as well as giving me extra hormone tablets called norethisterone which aim to stop bleeding and are used for treating endomytryosis and cervical cancer. I am only halfway through this pill packet and I haven't bled yet but have all the other signs of a period and am utterly miserable. Even if these new pills stop the bleeding It hasn't solved my problem and I desperately want to know what this could be. Doctors so far seem to put this down to being normal irregular periods as if i'm making a big deal. I'm not. I am affected by this every day and I can't take it anymore, please help

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement