Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

swelling tingling on one side of body

Posted In: Muscle conditions 16 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 2, 2007
  • 00:51 AM

I started with a swollen thigh and blood clot was ruled out. they also tested for myocitis and that was negative too. now i have a bit of swelling in my arm and tingling in my arm which has currently traveled up my neck and into my face. all of this on the right side of the body. basically, my left side feels fine but my right side is swollen and tingly. no rashes, no fever. i don't know where to go next. my doctor is sending me to an orthopedist next week. also had mri to look for nerve damage, but there is none.

Reply Flag this Discussion

16 Replies:

• I have similar symptoms, except it is on the left side. It started in 2002 with swollen foot, then calf and then rest of leg. In 2005, my left hand and arm started tingling and swelling, then last year the left side of the my face, especially round my cheek area. Have been to several doctors but no-one can make diagnoses, and put it down to anxiety. How could anxiety possibly cause swelling??? Its just an easy way out!! Have you an answer???
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I started with a swollen thigh and blood clot was ruled out. they also tested for myocitis and that was negative too. now i have a bit of swelling in my arm and tingling in my arm which has currently traveled up my neck and into my face. all of this on the right side of the body. basically, my left side feels fine but my right side is swollen and tingly. no rashes, no fever. i don't know where to go next. my doctor is sending me to an orthopedist next week. also had mri to look for nerve damage, but there is none.Interesting presentation...I wonder if it is Lymphedema...you should probably see an internist to run the correct tests.
    ChrisFloridaPT 29 Replies Flag this Response
  • Thanks- will ask them to look into that. Let me know what the outcome is of your next tests! Gd luck.
  • I have similar symptoms, except it is on the left side. It started in 2002 with swollen foot, then calf and then rest of leg. In 2005, my left hand and arm started tingling and swelling, then last year the left side of the my face, especially round my cheek area. Have been to several doctors but no-one can make diagnoses, and put it down to anxiety. How could anxiety possibly cause swelling??? Its just an easy way out!! Have you an answer???I too have all of these symptoms and have been having them for about three years now, my doctor is at a loss. Have you found out anything so far? Please let me know, I am very concerned.
  • Sounds like it could be lymphedema.
    ChrisFloridaPT 29 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have slight swelling on my entire left side but not too much tingling it just started about 2 weeks ago but is not letting up nor getting worse i m very worrired everyone keeps talking about perolisis and im scared please someone find something
  • Sorry to hear others are having the same problems as I am. My hands usually both swell, but I noticed in the middle of the night my wrist and hand (on my right side) was so swollen my braclet was tight. When I awoke again my hand, wrist and arm was swollen and really tight.When I clapped my hands together it tingled and it felt like a strange vibration feeling was happening. I told my last doctor about it and he offered water pills? I read up (on line) and side effects weren't too pleasent Any Suggestions?
  • I have had the entire left side of my body swell up 3 times now. Twice when I woke up in the morning even though I didn't sleep on my left side; and once at work while sitting down and getting up and moving around. The swelling is on the left side of my face and all the way down to my foot. I am going through menopause and thought it may have something to do with it; but not sure.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 18, 2010
    • 03:58 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have Rheumatory Arthritis and have been on Enbrel. Everything failed this past April and I was in sheer misery - nerve pain, muscle weakness, swelling, tingling, etc. New Diagnosis is Polymyostsis. Check it out... I too am now swollen just on the Right side even though I am on another autoimuune disorder drug and steroids... Muscle Enzymes went from 250 in April (under 200 is normal) to over 4000 in May... Don't accept lame diagnosis... get after it! It's hard, I know.... believe me.... Carrie
  • I have had these same problems for 3-4 years...FINALLY my doctor prescribed Lasix 40mg daily works great and has even helped my asthma!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 19, 2010
    • 02:06 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have similar symptoms, except it is on the left side. It started in 2002 with swollen foot, then calf and then rest of leg. In 2005, my left hand and arm started tingling and swelling, then last year the left side of the my face, especially round my cheek area. Have been to several doctors but no-one can make diagnoses, and put it down to anxiety. How could anxiety possibly cause swelling??? Its just an easy way out!! Have you an answer???I have the same thing and can't get a diagnosis either. It is very frustrating. I would love to hear from anyone that has gotten any answers...Its getting kinda old going to doctor after doctor and being told that I'm a mystery...I just want an answer...Looking for any help I can get
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 8, 2010
    • 04:26 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I have the same thing and can't get a diagnosis either. It is very frustrating. I would love to hear from anyone that has gotten any answers...Its getting kinda old going to doctor after doctor and being told that I'm a mystery...I just want an answer...Looking for any help I can getI have exactly the same thing. Doctors do not have a diagnosis. Please let me know if you have found out anything.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 11, 2011
    • 06:27 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Same misery here. So sick and tired of no answers that I stopped going and just want to live my life. I have my good days and bad days. Considering making an appointment at the Mayo Clinic because I just can't suffer forever... I have an amazing husband and four kids that need me. Sooooooooo sorry that others are suffering with the same things. Have had multiple MRI's, ER visits, endless bloodwork... Seen by GP, rheumatologist, neurologist, opthomalogist, cardiologist..... Been told, possibly MS/ Lupus/Bechet's Disease but never able to confirm anything. Thanks to everyone for sharing and continuing to share your struggles....
  • I woke up last night (I work 3rd shift)my left ankle is horribly swollen. No other part of my body is, but one strange thing was on my back last night a red spot. My husband and I thouht it was just from sleeping and that it would go away like most bed marks go away. When I came home this morning be ankle is horribly swolen, the whole right side hurt so bad. My husband doesn't think it is dry skin on my back again leg aroundankle looks like an elephants foot. Last but not lest when I'm starting these "black out" periods, I begin by slumping to my lef and eventually going to sleep or again blacking out. Apreciate any feed back you can give me.
  • I too have all of these symptoms and have been having them for about three years now, my doctor is at a loss. Have you found out anything so far? Please let me know, I am very concerned.wow glad to see i am not the only one going thru all of this i start to feel strange a little over threes years ago.around 02 then in 03 i had my son soon after he was born i felt my body change.it start with tingling and swelling dizziness the tingling started on my back or sometimes my hand even my face even finger it mostly been on the left side there r times when it happens on the right but it's rare.it *****s me off so much when my doctors keeps telling me that it"s anxiety i know it"s not anxiety.he just keeps telling me since am a women and we women tend to stress out more then men.so in other words am crazy yet as am typing i feel my leg tingling.and my face is numb.i need help could anyone help me.i just want to feel normal.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 10, 2011
    • 09:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Soooo...it's a 'woman' problem is it? IMO, when I hear that, then it's past time to change doctors. The quality of diagnosis in this country is deplorable. If an expensive electronic test won't give an answer, then too bad, kid.....I agree with the poster who mentioned Mayo Clinic. Or if you live in the area, try Duke U. med center, or contact someone at U NC at Chapel Hill. Peoplespharmacy is broadcast from there and the med school has lots of expertise to offer. Have the docs ruled out elephantiasis? Many years ago, I knew someone who had one leg badly swollen and I think that's what it was called. How about Spider bites? They can be very bad.......I do feel badly for all who have this problem. It makes my troubles seem of no consequence. But I had to research the web to figure out my issues and you can do this.......
    mrs whipple 5 Replies
    • August 24, 2011
    • 01:34 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement