Discussions By Condition: Cardiovascular disease

Heart feels like it is going to explode.

Posted In: Cardiovascular disease 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 1, 2007
  • 00:21 PM

Hi, If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate any comments. I recently have started being unable to sleep at night. I lay down in bed, but for some reason my heart feels like it is going to explode. Now bear with me here as I don't really know how to explain this. I have no physical pain like a heart attack, but It is almost like I forget to breathe and my heart feels like it is beating really fast. I check my pulse, but it isn't beating that fast. As well you know that feeling like you are falling, it is almost like I am falling then need to catch my breath really fast. I find that it is almost like I forget to take a breath. As well just recently I have noticed that my legs started to tingle and go a little numb. As well with my arms a little bit. My legs and arms also always seem very cold when this happens. I also sometimes feel a little bit nauseas when this happens. It just feels like there is this immense pressure on my chest. Now I know this sounds like a heart attack, but again I have no sharp pains like one would think would happen in a heart attack. I am a 28 year old female and have only just recently had this happen to me. The odd part is that it only happens at night. If I lay down during the day I am ok. I really don't know what is happening to me, and like I said I can't sleep at night anymore. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• Hi

The same exact thing happens to me aswell. I'd love to know why this is happening. It just happened to me now (its 5am at the mo) and im scared to go back to sleep. Please help fast!!
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • November 15, 2014
    • 04:56 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement