Discussions By Condition: Cardiovascular disease

Heart feels like it is going to explode.

Posted In: Cardiovascular disease 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • March 1, 2007
  • 00:21 PM

Hi, If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate any comments. I recently have started being unable to sleep at night. I lay down in bed, but for some reason my heart feels like it is going to explode. Now bear with me here as I don't really know how to explain this. I have no physical pain like a heart attack, but It is almost like I forget to breathe and my heart feels like it is beating really fast. I check my pulse, but it isn't beating that fast. As well you know that feeling like you are falling, it is almost like I am falling then need to catch my breath really fast. I find that it is almost like I forget to take a breath. As well just recently I have noticed that my legs started to tingle and go a little numb. As well with my arms a little bit. My legs and arms also always seem very cold when this happens. I also sometimes feel a little bit nauseas when this happens. It just feels like there is this immense pressure on my chest. Now I know this sounds like a heart attack, but again I have no sharp pains like one would think would happen in a heart attack. I am a 28 year old female and have only just recently had this happen to me. The odd part is that it only happens at night. If I lay down during the day I am ok. I really don't know what is happening to me, and like I said I can't sleep at night anymore. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement