Discussions By Condition: General well-being

Huge Headache lasting 1 month

Posted In: General well-being 18 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 5, 2006
  • 02:32 PM

:confused: I have had a headache for 4 weeks now. It improves when I lie down, worse on sitting or standing. I have also become nauseated the past 2 weeks(because of chronic headache?) I have seen my doctor: blood pressure normal, no sinus problems. Blood work OK, CT scan scheduled
Things I have done differently the past 6 weeks, before onset of headache:
1.hiked in woods, no tick bites seen.
2. worked outdoors in extreme heat for 5 hours
No other changes in lifestyle.
Any recommendations or suggestions?

Reply Flag this Discussion

18 Replies:

• sounds like a migraine, mine last for weeks too.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • i've had one for a week and i can't belive it might last a month more! please post if you find out a cure!
  • I have had a headache for a month also. Just spent 3 days in the hospital getting every test you can imagine!!! (Spinal) and they still do not know what is wrong with me. When I left the hospital my headache was gone, but now it is back and worse then ever!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 4, 2007
    • 01:33 AM
    Flag this Response
  • yah my girlfriend has the same thing. were u guys bed ridden, (when u tried to do things, u felt naseaus)?? did u feel miserable because u didnt know what it was? my girlfriend is depressed because of it. i hope it goes away!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 20, 2007
    • 00:53 AM
    Flag this Response
  • My headache which wouldn't go away was due to my C1 joint being out of alignment. I went to see a chiropractor and he put it back in immediately. The headache disappeared within seconds, and it was such a relief. My son had recurring headaches and we aired his room out. It seems as if house pollution may have caused him a problem due to the toxins put on new carpets.
    mumzie 32 Replies
    • December 22, 2007
    • 06:23 AM
    Flag this Response
  • My headache which wouldn't go away was due to my C1 joint being out of alignment. I went to see a chiropractor and he put it back in immediately. The headache disappeared within seconds, and it was such a relief. My son had recurring headaches and we aired his room out. It seems as if house pollution may have caused him a problem due to the toxins put on new carpets. I suffer from Migraine headaches, dryness allergens etc... cause the symptoms to come out more often. Plus Caffiene Dehydration, etc... even stress and poor nutrition. God Knows the Pollution in our houses. Seems people complain more of these problems these days. I never heard of a person solving their headaches with a Chiropractor? Might try that myself I can find one. I also have severe Sinusitus, brought on by HouseHold Dust, Dirt, Mold, etc... Causes some dreadful dryness and inflammation in my head. Becareful of headaches, especially if sinus related, lots of reason to believe these days that they can do damage to your lungs-or even your brain...
    Liam123 48 Replies
    • December 23, 2007
    • 04:34 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I get headaches about 4 mornings a week, not bad headaches, it's just THERE and usually goes away by the afternoon. I have migraines too, and the headache only goes away with sleep in a dark room.I don't think my allergies cause the headaches though, usually when i have a sugar overload or i spray something like perfume or lavender essential oil. also if i get up too quickly.This person once said that after a car crash, she'd had a headache for seven months. If you're taking any painkillers like paracetemol or aspirin frequently and regularly, you may be in the middle of a rebound cycle, so maybe stop them for a while.Goji berries are supposed to be great. Avoid being cold and let your muscles relax. If I'm cold one day, I'll get a horrible headache the next, and also poor posture increases pain of headaches. I hope your headaches end soon =]
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 25, 2007
    • 03:22 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Have you looked into the possibility of basilar migraine headaches. They are not much fun and don't fit into the regular migraine diagnosis. They are treated differently too. For example you shouldn't take Imatrex (?) with them. You might look them up on the net and see if your symtoms fit.
    justcurious 5 Replies
    • January 20, 2008
    • 03:48 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had a headache also for a month. This is not a strange thing for me. I have experienced them for long weeks of time. Diagnosed with Migraines I was given Imitrex self shots and a pill too. Found out I am allergic to nuts... they cause some headaches but go away. I have been using a chiropractor too, he is working hard to help me, but it isnt as simple as my C1 out of place, I only wish. :) I am ready to stop eating to see what foods might be having an affect. I have avoided the medications this time, but after a month, as you know, a person get's fed up with the headache and not functioning. I know sex helps :) it is the VERY best distration I have found. Everyone should do that!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 17, 2009
    • 07:11 PM
    Flag this Response
  • :confused: I have had a headache for 4 weeks now. It improves when I lie down, worse on sitting or standing. I have also become nauseated the past 2 weeks(because of chronic headache?) I have seen my doctor: blood pressure normal, no sinus problems. Blood work OK, CT scan scheduledThings I have done differently the past 6 weeks, before onset of headache: 1.hiked in woods, no tick bites seen.2. worked outdoors in extreme heat for 5 hoursNo other changes in lifestyle.Any recommendations or suggestions?This site is dedicated to sharing information about spontaneous spinal fluid leaks, also known as Spontaneous Intracranial Hypotension. Patients with this syndrome experience positional headaches: headaches that are much worse when standing, and get dramatically better when lying down.These positional headaches, caused almost always by spontaneous leaks from the dura in the spine, are relatively rare and comprise a very small portion of the population with headaches as a whole. However, the syndrome is often severe, and patients are very frequently misdiagnosed and mistreated. This is simply due to the rarity of the syndrome, and the fact that many medical professionals are not familiar with it's symptoms, natural history, and treatment. This site is dedicated to educating both the profession and patient population about this syndrome. This site is divided into a section for patients and another for medical professionals. We also feature a message area for sharing information.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 4, 2009
    • 10:07 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Ya I am just getting some testing done know i have had a headache everyday for the last month, started out as a migraine for 9 days and then regular headaches after that. they checked my blood nothing wrong there, im just waiting for a ct results at the end of the week, i dont drink coffee or tea, or pop. i even cut out all the sugar so im only eating natural sugars. i am hypoglycemic. but im also only 22. i am not feeling sick but i am feeling draged down a lot. nothing seems to be working even taking advil or tylonal doesnt help at all either so i havnt been taking any just when i cant take the pain at all.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 17, 2010
    • 03:57 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• i have had a headache for over five months straight, no relief by ANY medicine or sleeping. it has just been there for over five months and the doctors say there is nothing wrong
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 22, 2010
    • 04:15 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had a severe headache for 9 days now. It all started after innercourse with my wife,it came on like someone hit me in the head with a bat. I was in the hospitol for a day and they ran all the test you could think of, cat scan, spinal tap, x-rays blood work you name it they did it.... And yet,they found nothing. I understand everyones complaints as any headache lasting this long is bound to make you crazy! My pain is in my neck and the headache is in the back of my head. The c1 maybe something. I WILLING TO TRY ANYTHING AT THIS POINT!!!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 1, 2010
    • 09:53 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had a severe headache for 9 days now. It all started after innercourse with my wife,it came on like someone hit me in the head with a bat. I was in the hospitol for a day and they ran all the test you could think of, cat scan, spinal tap, x-rays blood work you name it they did it.... And yet,they found nothing. I understand everyones complaints as any headache lasting this long is bound to make you crazy! My pain is in my neck and the headache is in the back of my head. The c1 maybe something. I WILLING TO TRY ANYTHING AT THIS POINT!!!!I am 25 yrs old and have had a migraine for a month. I feel it when I wake throughout the night and first thing in the morning. It hurts to turn my head, to turn my eyes. My eyes are so sore. I feel my pulse all through my head. It's very painful & renders me speechless @ times. Sometime it is so bad I cannot hear and lose consciousness. In the beginning I assumed it wouldn't b there when I woke up. But it's always there. I've begun to lose energy and motivation. I am irritable and have had a few strange fits of rage. A few days ago I screamed at someone for over an hour, screamed, power puked & then passed out for 24 hrs. The only thing that has helped me was smoking cannabis but I am not a habitual smoker and wouldn't know where 2 find more. I have decided to go to he hospital tomorrow so the doctors can look @ me as though I am a moron, misdiagnosed me, treat me with an expensive drug and send me on my way the way they always do. Yeah!
  • I found out I have what's called Psuedotumor. A person shows the same symptoms of having a large Brain Tumor but there is no Tumor. It's fluid pressure inside the skull. More information can be found on the web.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 8, 2010
    • 02:13 AM
    Flag this Response
  • My headache which wouldn't go away was due to my C1 joint being out of alignment. I went to see a chiropractor and he put it back in immediately. The headache disappeared within seconds, and it was such a relief. My son had recurring headaches and we aired his room out. It seems as if house pollution may have caused him a problem due to the toxins put on new carpets.Wow your message really got my attention...My daughter is 18 and has had a migraine for 2 weeks. The doctors have tried every kind of medication and nothing is working...However, in your message you mentioned "new carpet"...we just put in new carpet about 2 months ago. How did you find out it could be toxins put on new carpet? I am wondering if that could be contributing to my daughters headache??
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 4, 2011
    • 08:01 PM
    Flag this Response
  • :confused: I have had a headache for 4 weeks now. It improves when I lie down, worse on sitting or standing. I have also become nauseated the past 2 weeks(because of chronic headache?) I have seen my doctor: blood pressure normal, no sinus problems. Blood work OK, CT scan scheduledThings I have done differently the past 6 weeks, before onset of headache: 1.hiked in woods, no tick bites seen.2. worked outdoors in extreme heat for 5 hoursNo other changes in lifestyle.Any recommendations or suggestions?hi. i have the same symptoms you have but have had my headache for 2 months now! seen doctor.. blood pressure fine and waiting for a CT scan.. let me no how it goes. thanks
  • I've had a headache for a month, maybe 6 weeks and my doctor told me to just take some stronger pain killers so i went for a second opinion because although I get miagraines this was a different pain.That doctor sent me for a CT scan and informed me that i have moderate Hydrocephalus which is fluid build up in the spaces within the brain. I went to the neurosurgeon today and he said although it's clear I have the condition it may not be the cause of my headaches.It also causes nausea, vomitting, diziness, lack of co ordination, personality changes, fever, lethargy etc and can cause death if left untreated.Hoping once I have my MRI i will find out for sure whats going on inside my brain
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement