Discussions By Condition: Finger conditions

left ring finger - sharp pain. HELP!

Posted In: Finger conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 27, 2007
  • 11:40 PM

I'm getting sharp pain along my left ring finger, between the joint and the beginning of the nail. There is a thin, almost transparent white line running vertical from the bottom of the nail down to the joint as well. The finger doesn't hurt when I bend it inward without putting pressure on it, but hurts rather bad if I bend it with pressure placed on the tip of the finger toward the center of the hand (think the pressure used when typing), when pressure is put on the side of the finger, where the pain is located, or when the finger is bent 'backward' even slightly. There is no hangnail on this finger, and the skin is relatively smooth despite the white line. The pain feels like a needle lancing lengthways along my fingertip from nail to joint.

Any help would be appreciated. I type for a living (never had carpal tunnel, and have no history of wrist or joint pain before this, nor do I have pain in any other finger) and this pain is affecting my job - I can't type nearly as fast as I usually do, due to having to stop every minute or two because of this pain.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement