Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

skin patterns?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: blondie-25
  • February 26, 2007
  • 00:46 PM

Hi, I have noticed in the last couple of days that I have a strange red almost marble effect skin pattern on my lower back. It looks like what happens when you press a hot water bottle to your skin for a prolonged period, and in fact, I thought this was what it was! I have noticed the pattern before on my stomach, and as I have ulcerative colitis, have not thought anything of it, as I used to regulary use hot water bottles to ease the pain. But i'm beginning to wonder, as it has also appeared on the top of my thighs. Due to my illness, I haven't been very active up until very recently, so I wondered if it was a circualtion problem? Anyone with the same symptoms out there? Thanks! :confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• I'm not sure what it is, but my friend gets that on her abdomen, and it's exacurbated by drinking alcohol. Your skin may just be a bit transparent, so you see the splotchy pattern of blood vessels more.
    deadlysauce 67 Replies
    • February 26, 2007
    • 04:00 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi Blondie, is the skin dry where the patches have appeared? It could be eczema. I use heated wheat bags for pain relief usually on my back and found I had similar marks after a while but could not work out what the cause was. Eventually a doctor worked out it was eczema and I realised it was the same place I put the heat pads etc. Just use a gentle body scrub and regular slatherings of aqueous cream should clear it if that is what it is.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 26, 2007
    • 05:45 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello Blondie,I have the very same problem and now these along with these patterns I'm having severe back pains, have you managed to find out what it was???
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Did they look like this ? did you figure it out ? http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x260/rsbseb/sh/sh1s.jpg
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement