Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Can't stop gaining weight

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: thompson82
  • February 25, 2007
  • 01:25 PM

6 years ago, at age 24 I was 125 lbs and a size 6. I am now 210lbs and a size 18, at age 30. In late 2003, I had my gallbladder removed due to one attack but they said it was being blocked so they removed my gallbladder. 6 months later I had a hysterectomy removing the uterus, fallopian tubes and cervix. Then in 2006 I had my ovaries removed because of severe cycsts. (PCOS) After I had my gallbladder removed I gained 40 lbs in 3 months and the doc blamed it on changed eating habits (which I only had one attack so there was no change in eating habits). Then after the last hysterectomy I have gained the remainder of my weight in just a few months. I'm on a lowest dose of estrogen. My cholesterol was PERFECT 18 months ago and now my HDL is 564 and my Triglycerides are 1152!!! They have no put me on Zocor recently to lower that. I'm having bouts with high BP. I exercise on a regular basis and do not believe that I eat out of the ordinary. I would say on a daily basis I eat around 1200 calories. I don't eat very much red meat and try to stay away from saturated fats. I've also had 6 staph infections from the surgeries over the past 2 years or so and now am starting to get them on my face and groin area. The docs checked my CBC and that was about it. Pretty much told me to get off my lazy butt and do something about it. 80% of my weight gain has been in my torso. If anyone has any ideas or information I would gladly appreciate it! Thank you.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement