Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Heat on brain, WHY is it there???

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: marisa
  • February 24, 2007
  • 09:58 PM

Hi,

Occasionally I get a very strong sensation of heat on my brain, more specifically around the back of my head. It's definitely inside my head, not outside. Actually I can go as far as to say that the heat seems to sit on the membrane covering the brain, the meninges. It's a little bit relieved by putting my head under cold water.

Whenever I mention this to a doctor, even neurologists, they look at me as if I was saying I've been kidnapped by aliens. It usually goes paired with a sensation of pressure inside my head, sometimes accompanied with a headache.

When I was 12 I had a severe concussion after a fall from a horse and spent 2 weeks in hospital. At the age of 25 I had another, minor concussion in a car crash. (I wasn't driving, in case you think I'm reckless!). I'm also suffering with near constant but not severe dizziness, brain fog or fuzziness and some tinnitus, and nausea ( which can also be due to my chronic gastritis).

3 Years ago I was also diagnosed with meniere's disease. MRI showed up normal, vestibular nerve ok, only some problems with electrical activity in the ears. I always thought that the dizziness was related to the Meniere's but actually had this already prior to that, just not to such an extent. (i'm 43 now)

At the moment I would be really happy to find out what is causing the heat on the brain and the dizziness/brainfog, and if there may be a remedy for this. The meniere's medication isn't helping, but that's not uncommon I found out.

Any info is greatly appreciated,

Many thanks,

Marisa

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement