Discussions By Condition: Common conditions

Sulfur Burps

Posted In: Common conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 20, 2011
  • 08:30 PM

This is the second time I have experienced these symptoms; I am 29 and this has only happened once before quite some years ago. As I type I am burping Sulfur and fire, diarrhea is frequent and the feeling of bloating is definitly there...no pian though and thank God. I have been researching this all day simply b/c I cant stand the taste or the smell. I hope this helps.... Both times I have experienced this I over ate right before falling asleep. The only way I was able to rid myself of it last time this happened was to fast, drink a lot of water, and finally when the nasty feeling leaves my body I begin to eat healthy. One stream I read on here was interesting,,, I only eat home cooked healthy and organic meals.... Period..... I find other foods make my body feel off... Except my random Mc'Donalds fix, heres the funny part the night I over ate before falling asleep a few days ago I ate Mc'Donalds. I will never eat anything from that company again. For the people who are experiencing this frequently I eat healthy all the time.. minus the nights I partied and ate crap food and then passed out, this seems ot be a result of passing out with processed food on your stomach or in your upper intestinal tract. I will repost when these burps leave again to let every one know how I rid myself of them. I started taking a garlic supplement today b/c I read that Golden seal or Garlic will kill the unwanted bacteria in the upper intestine.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• I think a sulfur burp is a condition where a burp is accompanied by a strong smell or either rotten eggs or sulfur. Bacterial infections or stomach infections could cause sulfur burps. There are several ways to cure sulfur burps. One easy home remedy is to drink plenty of fluids as this will keep you hydrated. Warm and clear herbal teas will also help you to clean out your stomach. It is important to remember that these remedies for sulfur burps are more or less similar to the ones you would turn to for treating other digestive conditions like a stomach upset. sulfur burps may also occur during pregnancy and this could be due to certain dietary changes. Sulfur burps that are accompanied by vomiting and diarrhea are a sign of stomach infection.
    ronny27 47 Replies Flag this Response
  • This is the second time I have experienced these symptoms; I am 29 and this has only happened once before quite some years ago. As I type I am burping Sulfur and fire, diarrhea is frequent and the feeling of bloating is definitly there...no pian though and thank God. I have been researching this all day simply b/c I cant stand the taste or the smell. I hope this helps.... Both times I have experienced this I over ate right before falling asleep. The only way I was able to rid myself of it last time this happened was to fast, drink a lot of water, and finally when the nasty feeling leaves my body I begin to eat healthy. One stream I read on here was interesting,,, I only eat home cooked healthy and organic meals.... Period..... I find other foods make my body feel off... Except my random Mc'Donalds fix, heres the funny part the night I over ate before falling asleep a few days ago I ate Mc'Donalds. I will never eat anything from that company again. For the people who are experiencing this frequently I eat healthy all the time.. minus the nights I partied and ate crap food and then passed out, this seems ot be a result of passing out with processed food on your stomach or in your upper intestinal tract. I will repost when these burps leave again to let every one know how I rid myself of them. I started taking a garlic supplement today b/c I read that Golden seal or Garlic will kill the unwanted bacteria in the upper intestine.The problem is not likely bacterial. Go speak to your gastroenterologist and mention Rapid Gastric Emptying and Delayed Gastric Emptying.Having a large meal right before bed is a huge no-no. This is a very likely cause of your problem.Sorry to hear you're going through it, it is never fun. I find the symptoms only generally seem to last about 4-5 hours so you should be ok, just hang in there.The problem is, when you have a large meal right before bed, food is sent to your stomach and your digestive system changes its speed due to the fact you are sleeping.If food is rapidly flushed from the stomach to the small intestine while you sleep, your small intestine (or rather, duodenum and areas *just* below it,) cannot handle undigested food, and the result is that it squeezes the food back up into your stomach, which causes the foul tasting burps (hydrogen sulfide and other liquid gases from below come up). At the same time, the neurological response from the brain is to flush everything out, because it is afraid the small intestine cannot deal with undigested food, so water is rapidly flushed through the intestines. That being the case, if I'm not mistaken, you should be experiencing dysentery which is very light in colour and consists mostly of water (again the result of the body trying to clean it all out).You're quite lucky in some regards too, when I get this problem (which I get quite frequently), I am too debilitated by nausea to even get near a computer. It appears to hit some people worse than others. I've heard mint or ginger can reduce the burps and aches but I cannot clarify it, I've also heard pepto bismol helps.Take care mate, hope it buggers off soon, it's never pleasant to have!
    Blackmantis 8 Replies Flag this Response
  • Get your gallbladder checked! Ask your doc for a HIDA scan!
    lorig77 4 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement