Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

Hip / Buttock Pain

Posted In: Muscle conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: 343Willy
  • June 7, 2011
  • 11:01 PM

Hi Everyone,

I’ve got a real pain in the **s! It began roughly 6 years ago which started with a fall while snowboarding. I thought it was a bruise and it never went away. I put up with it for maybe 3 years as it would increase and decrease in pain on a regular basis, sometimes I got to the point where I had to do something about it and then the next day it wasn’t so bad so I put up with it. Anyway I eventually went to a doctor who diagnosed me with Piriformis Dysfunction (which I can’t seem to find anything on). I went to physiotherapy where I got some stretches which for the most part seemed to be working. The pain was still there but at least with these stretches I could manage it a little better.

Eventually the stretches stopped working so I went back to see the physio. (I also had a couple of rounds of chiropractor) they gave me some magnificent stretches which after maybe 3 weeks and 4 sessions the pain was gone. That was last year.

I one day lift something heavy which gives me a twinge in my lower back. This in turn sets off my sore hip again. So I go back to physio and it’s the same old stretches so I do those and nothing. I try the exercises and nothing... I’m currently getting chiropractic help to try and solve the issue and it seems my hip is misaligned, my lower spinal discs are a little crushed and this is believed to be the problem.

I can sit fine without pain, I can lie down without pain, what I cant do is stand up from sitting, sit up from lying, sneeze, cough, run, walk at any faster rate than a limp or bend over.

It’s very annoying and what I would like to know if anyone else has this and if they managed any exercises or stretches that could get me out of this bind, I experienced a pain free year and I would really like that feeling back... I’ve also got a bit of tenderness on my lower back where I believe the sacroiliac joint is, I don’t know if that connected.

Sorry this has got a bit drawn out. I hope someone can help

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement