Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Red Itchy Spots EVERYWHERE

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 10 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 20, 2007
  • 08:03 PM

For the past two weeks I have been overwhelmed with red spots in various places on my body. The spots look like insect bites, but the person I sleep with and no one else in my household has the irritation. From my eyelid to my ankle, they are everywhere, and driving me insane with the itch. The most intriguing factor is the spot's appearance on my body, it never remains in the same place for more than a few days. I cannot afford to see a doctor, and would appreciate an idea from a fellowreader.

Reply Flag this Discussion

10 Replies:

• It might be Chickenpox.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 20, 2007
    • 08:53 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Sounds like hives to me (clinical term urticaria).Signed, longtime suffererer of CIU (chronic idiopathic urticaria)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 20, 2007
    • 11:21 PM
    Flag this Response
  • It could be scabies
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 21, 2007
    • 04:36 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I agree that it might be hives. I had the same problem and had no clue what was going on. It lasted for months and I started to get swollen fingers, eyelids and lips. Finally I was told that I have Chronic Urticaria and Angioedema. If it last longer see an allergist.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 21, 2007
    • 06:23 AM
    Flag this Response
  • For the past two weeks I have been overwhelmed with red spots in various places on my body. The spots look like insect bites, but the person I sleep with and no one else in my household has the irritation. From my eyelid to my ankle, they are everywhere, and driving me insane with the itch. The most intriguing factor is the spot's appearance on my body, it never remains in the same place for more than a few days. I cannot afford to see a doctor, and would appreciate an idea from a fellowreader.i have them 2 and everyone is saying diffrent things :/
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 19, 2009
    • 02:54 PM
    Flag this Response
  • If they are more so in creviced areas like between your fingers, behind your knees, in areas where the skin touches/folds then it most likely is scabies. Most of the time you can tell it's scabies because if you look VERY closely there are little tiny barely visible black dots. Might look like a piece of dirt. These are the scabies mites. Although, if you have them and the person you're sleeping with doesn't then I highly doubt it is scabies as they spread rapidy and are contageous.
    tielledirge 20 Replies
    • August 20, 2009
    • 01:44 AM
    Flag this Response
  • If it was scabies, trust me, the person she sleeps with would have it too. It could Shingles--the tip off being the eyelid..or fungus...maybe flea bites, but others would have them, too. Check in to your health food store for some good rash antidotes with homeopathy.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • August 20, 2009
    • 02:27 AM
    Flag this Response
  • It's been already 4 weeaks i have these itchy spots which are seriously driving me crazy especially during night time. Each red spot either kind of calms after few days, or fills with water getting smaller. The doctor said it could be chickenpox, and simply gave me bennedryl. I have spots on my arms, shoulders, legs, and sometimes on my face. I was already sick with chickenpox when i was about 8 years old, and now it's repeating. Don't know how much else i need to wait till this passes. Help, please if you can recommend something or know what really is going on with me.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 10, 2010
    • 10:36 PM
    Flag this Response
  • It's been already 4 weeaks i have these itchy spots which are seriously driving me crazy especially during night time. Each red spot either kind of calms after few days, or fills with water getting smaller. The doctor said it could be chickenpox, and simply gave me bennedryl. I have spots on my arms, shoulders, legs, and sometimes on my face. I was already sick with chickenpox when i was about 8 years old, and now it's repeating. Don't know how much else i need to wait till this passes. Help, please if you can recommend something or know what really is going on with me.You really need to go to a dermatologist. General MDs are completley worthless when it comes to skin problems. Have you heard of pityriasis rosea? Look it up. I had that a couple of years ago. It drove me nuts! I went to several general MDs. Was diagnosed with everything from chicken pox to scabies. Until I finally went to a dermatologist. He took one look at me & new exactly what was wrong.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 11, 2010
    • 04:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • You really need to go to a dermatologist. General MDs are completley worthless when it comes to skin problems. Have you heard of pityriasis rosea? Look it up. I had that a couple of years ago. It drove me nuts! I went to several general MDs. Was diagnosed with everything from chicken pox to scabies. Until I finally went to a dermatologist. He took one look at me & new exactly what was wrong.I have been breaking out since Feb of 2009.I went to a derm and had 3 bioposy and 14 diff scripts. Went to second derm had 2 bioposy July of 2009 and was givin body washes creams steroids and pills for follictics. 2010 went to allergist immunlogist. treated with several meds and still have the same spots. It sarts out I get a itchy spot then it comes up red spot then I itch and it looks like a bug bite. I had my bed tested for bed bugs ,no bed bugs, first it was bed bugs,spider bites, some kind of bug, hives, folictics of the hair folicals
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement