Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Muddy Stool

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 20, 2007
  • 06:14 PM

Does anyone have any idea what it means when you have stool the consistency of mud for over 3 months? I have not had a normal bowel movement for over 3 months and it is starting to worry me. It is literaly the same consistency as mud and is sometimes full of tiny little specs of food im guessing. Please help if you know what this might be or had the same experience.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• How frequent are the stools? Do you have any cramping before or after a bm? Have you recently taken antibiotics or other meds - even several months ago? Think back at least three months. I would recommend a stool test to rule out parasites, giarrdia, candida and others. As your doctor for a complete stool test - you will need to take samples over several days. Also take a good quality probiotic to help you with this. It will help your intestinal flora. Look into your diet. Some food intolerance can cause loose stool, especially dairy, wheat, and sugar. Best wishes.DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • February 20, 2007
    • 07:59 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thankyou Dom for your reply,I don't have any cramping after the bm and I usualy bm about 1 or 2 times a day. I will go to the Dr. and ask him about this then so I can have a stool sample, that is a good idea about the probiotics as well. I will try this and a diet change. Thanks for the advice!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 20, 2007
    • 08:32 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I started having abdominal discomfort, including gas & muddy stools, 14 months ago. I had been taking probiotics for several months at the time. After a colonoscopy, I was diagnosed with Spastic Colon (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) & told nothing could be done about it. Actually, after the colonoscopy, the symptoms lessened quite a bit but the problem is still there. I like the idea about having stools samples checked.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 14, 2011
    • 00:42 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement