Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Chest pain/breathing/flutters/burping

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: kulaboy
  • February 19, 2007
  • 11:01 PM

Okay what a funny subject that sounds like! Here goes, let me try to sum this down short.

I am 31. A little overweight but eating well, don't drink anymore and don't smoke. I have been lowering my cholesterol levels since November. However in November I started having chest "flutters" in my heart that felt like my heart was turning around and seized my breath momentarily. Very freaky. It began when I was on a treadmill. I have not run since.

I started having these off and on, usually in the evening, before bed. Sitting up, sitting down, it doesn't matter. I still have them. In Nov. and Dec. I had feelings of tight chest and breathing problems and heart "flutters" and the only way I seemed to feel better was burping or belching! But this wasn't a cure. Chest pains began to occur, shooting sensations or aches in the heart area, for a brief period or a long time. I saw my doctor, who did an EKG, then an x-ray, then I wore a heart holter for 24 hours. All turned up "normal."

Symptoms continued. I lost weight. Ate brown rice and saw a brief period of feeling almost nothing until one day I reached over for laundry and my heart started racing like 200 beats a minute. I could barely stand up I was so dizzy. This lasted an hour. I saw the doctor again, referred to a cardiologist, who did a treadmill test on me. All is normal. They said my symptoms are too vague and gave the usual doctor remedy "Lose weight, walk, eat well, don't drink, cut down caffeine."

Meanwhile, I'm not doing well. I am uncomfortable. I feel like my heart is in pain and these flutters/heart turning over sensation hit suddenly and it's like my heart stops for a moment and I get freaked out. It happens when I am relaxed and not stressed. I do my best to cut out stress.

Any ideas what's going on? I considered a Hiatal hernia, and acid reflux. But my doctors seem to be going nowhere with me insisting it can be anxiety or stress. And perhaps they are right but I'm not enjoying this and it's interfering with my life, with my activites (I am too tired and out of breat to climb up short hills somedays, much less walk a stairmaster or run). I have lost 15 pounds through walking since December so I am much more fit. But it's not showing any improvement.

Help? Questions?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement