Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

Pain in joint between leg and pelvis

Posted In: Muscle conditions 5 Replies
  • Posted By: snfcdl
  • May 21, 2011
  • 04:33 AM

Hello. I have had pain in the area of the joint between my right hip and pelvis for the last two days. It is a sharp pain, and very localized. There is one spot that particularly hurts when pressed, and there is a little bit of swelling and hardness. There is no redness or discoloration or bruising.

It does not hurt when I stand on that leg, but it hurts a lot when I twist the leg slightly or try to lift it up by bending at the hip. It is very painful to, for example, get up from/sit on my bed. There is no pain if I sit with my legs straight out.

The pain started while I was walking, but was at first a weak pain, and increased over the next few hours. There was no apparently injury. After sleeping last night, the pain increased.

I am a 20 year old female. If anyone has an idea as to what this pain may be, it would be greatly appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• i am almost positive you are talking about something called your hip flexor. ive had trouble with it before, and the chiropractor gave us a list of stretches to do to make the pain go away.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • this is called your hip flexor. you can do stretches to help. ask a chiropractor
    chipster 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • A combination of postural changes, the growing baby, unstable pelvic joints under the influence of pregnancy hormones and changes in the centre of gravity can all add to the varying degrees of pain or discomfort. In some cases it can come on suddenly or following a fall, sudden abduction of the thighs (opening to wide too quickly)or an action that has strained the joint. PGP can begin as early as the first trimester of pregnancy. Pain is usually felt low down over the symphyseal joint, this area may be extremely tender to the touch. Pain may also be felt in the hips, groin and lower abdomen and can radiate down the inner thighs. You may waddle or shuffle, and may be aware of an audible clicking sound coming from the pelvis. PGP can develop slowly during pregnancy, gradually gaining in severity as the pregnancy progresses
    ronny27 47 Replies Flag this Response
  • hello. I have had pain in the area of the joint between my right hip and pelvis for the last two days. It is a sharp pain, and very localized. There is one spot that particularly hurts when pressed, and there is a little bit of swelling and hardness. There is no redness or discoloration or bruising. It does not hurt when i stand on that leg, but it hurts a lot when i twist the leg slightly or try to lift it up by bending at the hip. It is very painful to, for example, get up from/sit on my bed. There is no pain if i sit with my legs straight out. The pain started while i was walking, but was at first a weak pain, and increased over the next few hours. There was no apparently injury. After sleeping last night, the pain increased. I am a 20 year old female. If anyone has an idea as to what this pain may be, it would be greatly appreciated.it sounds like you have a labral tear in your hip. Go to an orthopedic and have them order am mri arthrogram. Good luck! Took them 5 yrs to diagnose me!
  • Hello. I have had pain in the area of the joint between my right hip and pelvis for the last two days. It is a sharp pain, and very localized. There is one spot that particularly hurts when pressed, and there is a little bit of swelling and hardness. There is no redness or discoloration or bruising. It does not hurt when I stand on that leg, but it hurts a lot when I twist the leg slightly or try to lift it up by bending at the hip. It is very painful to, for example, get up from/sit on my bed. There is no pain if I sit with my legs straight out. The pain started while I was walking, but was at first a weak pain, and increased over the next few hours. There was no apparently injury. After sleeping last night, the pain increased. I am a 20 year old female. If anyone has an idea as to what this pain may be, it would be greatly appreciated.Your hip flexors are muscles that run down the front of your pelvis..when they are tight then the ball of your thigh bone is pulled tight in the hip socket and your hip hurts..try sitting in a chair ..place your foot on the thigh of the other leg..gently press down on your knee..take a deep breath and as you breath out push a little more...now do the other leg...push firmly but gently..do not push thru pain..My doctor told me to do this stretch whenever I think of it thru out the day
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement