Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Swollen ovary and/or fallopian tube.

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • February 19, 2007
  • 04:52 AM

After my period about 3 weeks ago I started experiencing pain after intercourse. Then I started to get a foul smelling odor that I would smell only during sex. I was obviously worried about these symptoms so I went to the gynecologist and the doctor had said that my ovary and/or fallopian tube on the left side felt tender. Has anyone ever heard of this? Or any possible ideas what it could be?

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• Girl, you're gonna have to be a little more specific here...Any chance at all that you could be pregnant?how old are you?family history of female problems (endometriosis, ovarian cysts or ovarian cancer, uterine abnormalities or cancer)?was your last period normal?From what I've already heard, it sounds like a regular, old-fashioned ovarian cyst. But it's usually nothing to really worry about. just painful sometimes, but not all the time. worst-case scenario: ectopic pregnancy ; did your gyno run a blood pregnancy test? Sometimes, with an ectopic, not enough HCG is in your pee to produce a positive result, so you need to make sure it was a blood test and not a urine PT....Ok, so let us know how things are goin with your docSheree
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 23, 2007
    • 10:29 AM
    Flag this Response
  • What did the doctor suggest? It sounds a bit like an infection. Did you get antibiotics for it? Or blood tests to see if it is an infection?
    michali 10 Replies
    • February 23, 2007
    • 01:09 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i having seen my periode since december,i don't know if i'm pregnant.how old are you?i'm 20 years oldfamily history of female problems (endometriosis, ovarian cysts or ovarian cancer, uterine abnormalities or cancer)?no family problemes or historywas your last period normal?no it was not.i saw it just for a night.From what I've already heard, it sounds like a regular, old-fashioned ovarian cyst. But it's usually nothing to really worry about. just painful sometimes, but not all the time. worst-case scenario: ectopic pregnancy ; did your gyno run a blood pregnancy test? Sometimes, with an ectopic, not enough HCG is in your pee to produce a positive result, so you need to make sure it was a blood test and not a urine PT....Ok, so let us know how things are goin with your docSheree
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 26, 2007
    • 07:04 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello, I was experiencing some of the same symptoms and more and the Dr told me it was something called PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease). And it stems from an STD (Sexual Transmitted Disease) I believe. You need to be tested to see if it is that so you can get antibiotics. I was tested and there wasn't a sign of an STD but I am still having abdominal pains every once in awhile. I'm going to go for a follow up soon.
    Favored23 1 Replies
    • February 20, 2009
    • 07:57 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement