Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

red spot on nose!!!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 21 Replies
  • Posted By: timber3
  • February 18, 2007
  • 04:22 AM

all of a sudden i have a red spot on the tip of my nose. Its not a pimple. I have now had it for over seven weeks. Does anyone know what the heck is happening to me?:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

21 Replies:

• 7 weeks and you haven't been to the doctors?? You should get to the doc's asap, might be an infection that needs meds.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 18, 2007
    • 01:13 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I also have had one , and it lasted about a year. I went to the doc. and he said it was a broken blood vessel which he cauterized and is now healing nicely.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 20, 2007
    • 08:25 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Is the "spot" raised at all, like a pimple or mole? I had a "growth" on the end of my nose several years ago. It started out very small and over a period of months continued to grow. It was red in color, smooth and had well defined borders. No pain or puss associated with it, like a pimple would have. When I finally had it checked, it turned out to be basal cell carcinoma (cancer). The good news is, once the doctor removed the growth, there was no need for any other treatment. Word of advise, have a doctor check it out asap. Don't wait until it grows anymore (if in fact it is a "growth"). I waited much too long to have mine removed and thought all the cancer was removed, so is part of my nose.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have a red tiny smooth dot on the end of my nose, and i have no idea what it is. It is just like part of my skin but is is red, i had it for about a year now and i have been covering it up with make up. If you have any idea what is is please help!!!!!!!
  • Iv Got A Red Spot On My Nose Too! Its Just As All You Have Been Describing It. I Hope I Dont Have Cancer Or Anything! Iv Had My Spot For 6 Mounths Now. Ill Contact A Doctor Asap!
  • all of a sudden i have a red spot on the tip of my nose. Its not a pimple. I have now had it for over seven weeks. Does anyone know what the heck is happening to me?:confused:It could just be a wart and if that is the case then it will disappear in time. could be days or it could be months. A wart is a virus so they do their own thing unfortunately. See the chemist to see if there are any suitable treatments that can be used on the face.
  • Since being on holiday in Gran canaria last year i have had the same red blotch on the tip of my nose which is not sore but very unsightly without being covered by makeup. The doctor advised several months ago it was a fungal infection and gave me cream which did nothing 3 creams on i am now trying fucibet a steroid which is as much use as a chocolate teapot! Im off on holiday in 5 weeks and need this sorted as i dont fancy having to cover it up everyday and night.:mad:
    Siobhanb 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I get them from time to time if I go outside without a hat, but I usually have a dermatologist look at it to make sure it's not cancer. He told me to rub hydrocortisone creme on it but that did not help. What helped get rid of it was a product from the health food store: Plantain-Goldenseal Salve by Gaia Herbs for $12.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • i have got one at the end of my nose!its red and a big big.i thinks it a spot iv tryed to pop it and abit of puss has came outbut iv bin reading these and i dont know what to doo!helpppppp
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 30, 2008
    • 09:57 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had one of the red spot on my nose for about a year...it keeps getting bigger..its not a zit no puss just like regular skin but stands out a little bit can anyone help me with any ideas?? I havent got any insurance and im not wealthy so I cant afford to see a dermatologist or the doctor...anybody have any other helpful ideas or tricks to help get this off my nose?? in these pictures another one had just started coming up thats why im worried..please help!!?!? Thanks for everything!?!?links of pictures of my nose..copy and paste url:http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm260/djknu/DSCF0940.jpghttp://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm260/djknu/DSCF0939.jpghttp://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm260/djknu/DSCF0938.jpghttp://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm260/djknu/DSCF0937.jpg
    yungsj 3 Replies
    • February 1, 2009
    • 05:34 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i have got one at the end of my nose!its red and a big big.i thinks it a spot iv tryed to pop it and abit of puss has came outbut iv bin reading these and i dont know what to doo!helppppppso have you found a solution? plz click link..this is my situation http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ArsLL_pCdV5XE5jqmkqUCyPsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20090131212800AA55gRs
    yungsj 3 Replies
    • February 1, 2009
    • 02:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I have a red spot on my nose. It is level with my skin and doesn't hurt at all. I went to the derm. and said it was a blood vessel in my nose that broke. I have had 4 lazor treatments at 40.00 each and it is still there. I am going back to the derm. again to have it tested this time. They still think it is a blood vessel, but want to make sure before trying somethink different. It looks awful without make-up on. I hope they find out soon, cause I'm about out of money!!!
  • Hey thanks for telling me whats happening with yours please keep me updated!
    yungsj 3 Replies Flag this Response
  • have had red dot about 10 years. end of nose. does nothing. just sits there. occasionly when vigorously washing face it will bleed. people always tell me i have sauce on my nose.
  • Yungsj: I have a red spot on the tip of my nose. It looks exactly like the red spot on your nose. Although, in one of your pictures, it almost looks raised. Mine is not. If I look closely, I can see tiny, red blood vessels. What did you find out? Was it the beginning stage of melanoma? Did you need to get it zapped with a laser? Did you find a lotion to put on it? Thank you for posting this question! And, you were smart to post some pics! Sorry you ended up with more people commenting about having a similar problem than offering solid answers.
    JustJimmy 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • OMG!!!! ive had the some thing for like a year and it wont go away! i hope its just a blood vessel that poped,but i don't know!! and i cant cover it up with makeup because im a guy and im obsessed with my appearance! it really bugs me and i really hope it like goes away soon!
  • I also have had one , and it lasted about a year. I went to the doc. and he said it was a broken blood vessel which he cauterized and is now healing nicely.I also have a red spot/dot on the end of my nose and have had it for two years maybe longer it showed up while I was pregnant and won't go away. It's slightly raised in the middle and the circle is about the size of an eraser... I don't have medical insurance and have four children who constantlly make fun of it...lol! But it's truelly starting to concern me. May I ask how much it cost you to have yours removed?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 11, 2011
    • 01:49 AM
    Flag this Response
  • hey i also have a red dot on my nose but i dont know what it is. it looks like a tiny red dot of blood under my skin but it wont go away and it makes the aread around it redder. I dont know what it is!
  • I have a red tiny smooth dot on the end of my nose, and i have no idea what it is. It is just like part of my skin but is is red, i had it for about a year now and i have been covering it up with make up. If you have any idea what is is please help!!!!!!!This is really strange because I have the EXACT same thing, hense why it brought me here... Have you done anything to get rid of it yet? Mine is like totally smooth, a tiny red dot and it is really annoying!! How do I get rid of it?!
  • OMG i have the same thing and i don;t know what to do. What did doctor tell you? Which doctor? I am really excited about this so write as soon as possible please.
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement