First a little background on my condition.
1. I had my first kidney stone in 2000 (17yrs old) had lazer lythotrypsy to remove 3mm stone in left kidney. Some of the symptoms were severe flank pain, vomitting and fever.
2. Since 2000 have had about 12 more lazer lythotrypsy performed to remove stones of the same size.
3. I am prone to many almost constant kidney and bladder infections most the time with fever, nausea and achy feeling all over body with severe and dull flank pain on both sides (although it is more common in the right side).
4. In 2004 my urologist diagnosed me with cystinuria (unable to break down protein causing cystic stones).
5. Since December 2006 I've had several blood tests done all of which came back normal. Had flu like symptoms in January this year thought it was just the flu. Achy body, diarrhea, fever, loss of appetite, lost 15 pounds in 6 days, couldn't hardly make it to the bathroom to urinate I was so sick but also had very bad flank pain both sides thought from dehyrdration. Because all my blood tests came back negative for anything (stones or infection) thought I just had the flu.
6. Had the same symptoms again starting Monday and made it to the hospital today Feb. 7, 2007. I had a catscan and a whole panel of blood tests. All blood tests came back normal but my ct came back and before the dr. even diagnosed me could tell my kidneys were both swollen and enlarged. Sent me home with the same antibiotic I always take Levaquin and vicodin ( a lot of good that does). The dr. said that all she could think of is that is a kidney infection but that my blood count should be high and it was normal. Could be underlying infection, but wouldn't that show up in all the tests I have before this? I've had 2-3 since December 23, 2006.
7. Also last week my regular dr. found out I have an irregular heart beat(but I was also born with 2 mitral vavle prolapse or heart murmurs).
8. December 2006 ER diagnosed me with left ovarian cyst, small.
Does anyone have any idea what I should maybe be looking out for, something that blood tests might not reveal. I have no stones, and I haven't for a few months at least now. I just cannot understand why I would have and as the dr. said herself, severly swollen and enlarged kidneys? I've been trying to get all the help I can for 7 years now and I just keep getting worse. Vicodin does nothing for the pain, antibiotics do nothing for my so called infections. Please somebody help if you can!
Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.
Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?