I am 40 year old male suffering from a series of symptoms that keep repeating in a roughly 2 week cycle since mid January:
- Starts with "sensation" of insect bites throughout my entire body mostly concentrating around my genitals. This usually accompanied with inflamation of anus hemerhoids and feeling of ants walking around it.
- Extreme agitation across my skin, feels like poison ivy
- Day 3-4: pain starts at tip of my penis, and lasts for 3-4 days. When i look inside the penis i see that one side has infection (white color).
Sometimes the tip of penis gets razor cut spots, or a small linear bite marks for 1/3 of an inch.
- Day 4-5: my penis starts hurting which then triggers abdominal pain next day or so. Gently squeezing the penis starts this pain reaction.
- Day 5-7: testicles pain starts. They get swollen and thick. Pain varies from 2-6 on scale of 10. When high, I can see dark veins on the surface being blocked. very painful to touch.
lately reduced in severity and more on the insde then on surface.
it feels like I am about to have discharge, but nothing comes out. I observed that ejaculation helps bring down the testicle pain.
When I first started to have the testicle pain back in January, my eyes started hurting around the eyeball. Cloudy vision and red eyes. This lasted 3-4 days.
Now it is mostly lower in severity, and lasts 1-2 days and gives still red and I have pulsating feeling on my eyes. Eye pain usually is accompanied with headache.
During February I also had these additional symptoms which are gradually improving but certainly not back to normal
- Kidney pain: after the abdominal pain starts, usually within a day or so I used to feel pain on my right kidney: pain lasts for 4-5 seconds
- Loss of muscle control: could not control my urine and bowel movement mostly during February and had a quite a few toilet accidents.
What is worst is that over the last 3 months I have been progressively feeling more and more fatigue and am unable to concentrate. Even after I sleep 8-10 hours, I wake up feeling tired all around my body.
Prior to this, I have been very fit and athletic: now I can barely lift my laptop.
Visual examination of my skin looks normal initially to naked eye. I can sometimes spot very small red lesions on my skin on spots when I have the "insect bite" sensation.
In adddition I have pictures of small razor cut distortions around my penis or testicles. The small red spots take long time to heal (7-12 days), unlike regular acne which usually clears in 2-3 days.
Razor cuts heal in 2-3 days though pain still there.
My blood tests showed normal except for recent HSV1 (Herpes Simplex 1) infection.
No blood detected in urine sample.
Ultrasound on my testicles (done on a day when I did not have the pain) did not show anything unusual.
Ciprofloxacin treatment for Epididymitis did not have any positive effect, though side effects was not fun to endure.
Upon my insistence: I was proactively treated for scabies (cream), and insect parasites (a pill) even though no visual symptoms but did not make a difference either.
My family doctor can't explain all these symptoms with the common diseases. I worry that I got something unique and it is becoming chronic.
Is it possible that Cipro failed to cure the Epididymitis and now the bacteria is floating in my blood making me more and more tired: possibly Sepsis or Bacteremia?
What tests I should urge my doctors to do to figure out what is wrong? What type of specialist should I go to?
I will appreciate referrals to expert doctors that I can go to preferably in the bay area.
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?