Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

sore lump

Posted In: Skin conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 6, 2006
  • 06:29 PM

I noticed a raised, red and very sore to the touch lump in my lower pubic area, also within hours, felt an lump in my groin about 2 inches from the skin lump, this is not visible but sore to the touch. Felt fluey later the same day.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • Could be anything from an abcess to an irriatated skin follicle called a folliculitis. If near the vaginal opening it could be a bartholyn's cyst which is painful and needs antibiotics. So does a abcess. Go see a OB GYN or nurse practitioner.... they can help. If you shave there and it is in the shaven area it is probably from shaving. Use Hibicleanse body shampoo prior to shaving and it will help clear those up if they repeat again. The lump next to it is probably a lymph node swollen....
    Junemarie 6 Replies
    • November 6, 2006
    • 08:43 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?