Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Some type of skin ulcer thing?

Posted In: Skin conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: purplefox
  • November 20, 2007
  • 07:11 AM

Hi, I joined this forum because I have had this little problem for a month or so now and haven't found anything similar to what it is. A while back, a nasty, circular little skin tear-like thing appeared by my waist inbetween my stomach and abdomen, rather suddenly. It started with a smaller one which has since cleared up and now is just mostly a small dark spot, but now, on the other side there formed a bigger one. The second one is a distance away from the other (but still in the general range) and is much bigger and looks suprisingly close to what you'd call a skin ulcer, a circular hole in the skin, fairly deep except not deep enough to show bone or anything like that, and the skin around it is not raised. It's not even red around it either nor are there bumps, or anything. Just the ugly hole. It sometimes itches, and bleeds quite a lot for its size but other than that it causes no pain. I have looked for weeks to see if I could find anything close to what it is other than a skin ulcer but to no prevail. I haven't seen a doctor about it either since it really hasn't been bothering me, I'm just curious and hoping it isn't anything serious. I occasionally put a little hydrogen peroxide and some antiseptic wash on it. My mother seems to think that I tore it myself with my nails since it has been itching quite a bit, but I doubt it since it's rather deep. Has anyone experienced anything like this or know what it might be? Thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.