Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Can someone please help me identify this rash on my daughter's hand?

Posted In: Skin conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: AaronCP
  • January 25, 2009
  • 01:53 AM

Here are some photos of it: http://tinyurl.com/bhn7l9

It started as a few red patches three days ago and has progressed to this. It is excruciatingly painful for her and so far we've had no luck with over-the-counter meds.


Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • This looks like a skin condition called dishydrotic eczema, or dermatitis. I have this condition. They appear as blister-like on the fingers and swell up, but will eventually go away. Stress is the major reason why I get it. I would see a dermatologist to get some prescription medication to alleviate the pain. Hope this helps.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 31, 2009
    • 11:36 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?