Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

Vaginal Pain-Cannot Get Diagnosis

Posted In: Sexual conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 23, 2008
  • 02:30 AM


I am a 23 year old female. For about two years now I have had a sore spot on the right side only of my vagina that appeared one day with no prior illness or infection.

There is no visual signs on the skin. I have been tested/treated for:

yeast infection/Urinary Tract Infection
other infections (negative)
skin conditions (had spot biopsied, came back negative)
muscle spasms (treated with muscle relaxant suppositories and injection of hydrocortisone, but made no difference)

I have been tested for other diseases and had a Pap Smear done all came back negative for anything.

I was sent to a physical therapist who specializes in vaginal pain however she could not identify where the pain was originating therefore could not help me.

I most recently had an MRI of my pelvis and they were looking for anything that could be pushing against a nerve which could cause the pain but found nothing.

Over the past two years the pain has not gotten worse or better and nothing seems to trigger it or make it go away, it is a constant pain in a very distinct spot.

I have seen regular doctors, gynecologists, dermatologists and I have most recently been seeing a doctor who specializes in the pelvic region.

I am making an appointment to go back again but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this or any ideas that I can bring with me and maybe suggest I get tested for because I would really just like this to all be over with so I don’t have to be in pain every day. Thank You

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.