Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

Irritating rash???

Posted In: Sexual conditions 5 Replies
  • Posted By: bebe21
  • March 5, 2008
  • 11:56 PM

hi, for about two weeks i have had a very irritating and painful rash in my pubic area. there are quite a few small painful bumps and red areas that are very sore and uncomfortable. i have been to the doctors twice in the past few months and i have been treated for a yeast infection on both occaisions. i have had swabs taken and have shown no signs of STDs and i have had the same sexual partner for 6 years so i would like to think that it is not an STD. i do shave my pubic hair, could it be something to do with that? can anyone offer any advice????:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

  • could be the shaving but if you've been shaving for years, it is probably something else. It sounds like herpes but you've had them checked for that, right? If they scraped it, then they have a result. They should share what the lab tests said to you...does your mate have a rash? Why not get a blood test for herpes?
    Monsterlove 2921 Replies Flag this Response
  • I am also having the same problem...it comes and goes... but its usually aggravated when I have sex. I was tested for herpes, negative for type 1 and type 2, so it isnt that, or any other normal STD they test for. I thought it was an allergy to condoms, but it seems to be happening without condoms too, but not near as bad. After I was tested I had a new partner, and he asked me if I could have given him herpes, so he is having the same issue... can a rash be contagious?
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Yes, if it's herpes it's contagious. Most likely, you have herpes and gave it to the guy. Your blood test was a false negative. Tell the doctor and the man you gave it to.
    Monsterlove 2921 Replies Flag this Response
  • I did have a blood test.... so if it was a false negative then could someone please explain to me the point of getting tested in the first place! You try to be responsible, only to find out it doesnt matter what the test said. How can you trust the test then if you go tested with your partner. Well the guy has been to the dr and his doctor (and mine from when I went a few weeks ago) said it does not look like herpes - and he is still waiting on his test results.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Because the positives are usually not false-positive, but true positive; doctors give out a lot of misleading information with herpes. Why not wait and see if your boyfriend tests positive and go from there. The blood samples sometimes are not handled correctly, too. http://www.yoshi2me.com/genital-herpes.htmlit is possible to have a Herpes Specific Western Blot test done in order to find out if you have type-1, type-2, both or nothing at all. Your health care provider can make arrangements with the lab at the University of Washington to have this test done for you.
    Monsterlove 2921 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.