Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

Going to the gyne - what tests do I request for BV?

Posted In: Sexual conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 6, 2010
  • 04:03 AM

I think I have BV (odor is my biggest issue). However, it may be a yeast infection with odd symptoms. What tests do I ask the doctor to perform to check me out down there? I'll ask for STD tests (one sex partner who is now my husband so very, very unlikely). Is there a test they can do to check my pH balance? I just want to get everything checked out to figure this out and give me piece of mind. If it is BV, is there one treatment or prescription that is best at clearing it up for good. I've read many cases of it coming back after medication.

Thanks for any help!

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • No need for tests - Just skip straight to the treatment. Douche with dilute Hydrogen Peroxide (1/4 H202, 3/4 plain water), then introduce friendly bacteria to the vaginal area. This can be probiotic powder, or yogurt.-James Knochel
    JamesKnochel 12 Replies
    • January 9, 2010
    • 09:02 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?