Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

enlarged prostate

Posted In: Sexual conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: ansonlao
  • March 20, 2007
  • 02:57 PM

i am 38 year old asian male. i have been having lower back pain for the past 6 years, with stiffness especially in the morning. but lately, i experience pain in the buttocks area, inguinal area and sometimes shooting pain to the back of my thigh and also painful urination. xray of the sacro-iliac region was normal but ultrasound of the genitourinary tract revealed enlarged prostate. is it usual to experience back pain first before painful urination in BPH or even prostatic CA. what should be the next step- PSA blood test, MRI, biopsy?

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • Your doctor definately should be looking more into your prostate. You doctor will be able to help you figure out what the problem is and should I hope already be doing tests on your prostate.FYI prostate cancer can metastisize to your back and cause back pain. I don't want to needlessly worry you, but I feel strongly that you should be thouroughly checked out.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.