Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

Dry, flaky skin in pubic area?

Posted In: Sexual conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: g00584062
  • August 20, 2008
  • 06:02 AM

About two weeks ago I had some itchy, dry, scaly skin on my upper/inner thighs and figured it was common jock itch since I work outside in a humid climite and sweat quite a bit, workout, run, bike a lot everyday. I got some antifungal cream and used that for 2 weeks and that problem cleared up and looks completely gone but im going to use it for another week or so just to make sure.

About a week ago I got about a quarter size rash right below the head of my penis with dry, flaky skin on top of a red irritated area. It doesnt seem to itch but almost all of the things I read about jock itch say it rarely occurs on the penis. Ive also read that there are several STD's that may cause similar symptoms... Should I be worried about this spot or just continue to put antifungal cream on it and assume its jock itch?

Any question you may have that may help with advice ill answer. I just want to get rid of this mess!

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • If you have a lesion on your penis - you really should see a doctor. Without being able to see it, no one can give an accurate diagnosis. I tend to say see your doctor if there any (new or changing) lesions on the skin or genitals - some are completely benign but some can be symptoms of something serious.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • August 23, 2008
    • 08:18 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.