Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

another vaginal alement

Posted In: Sexual conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: muffin17
  • February 22, 2008
  • 03:40 PM

i have burning and tingling on my vulva. Its getting worse. rapidly.

i have had copius amounts of white discharge for about 5 years, and watery discharge for about 2/3.

there appears to be no more extra discharge.

i have had skin complaints for ALL of this time- most of which have been dismissed by doctors. Bumps,redness, soreness, itching.

i just dispair. i am at my wits end. part of me just thinks i should just suffer with another problem, becuase no one ever takes me seriously. i do not have ****ing thrush. thrush that dusnt respond to thrush treatment, and gets worse/reoccours over many years.

What a pile of ****.

And to top it off, i have a special kind of endometriosis which starts out spectacularly painfully, with a load of discharge (unrelated, of course- come to think of it, maybe im making it up) and which then deminishes over the course of a few years to nothing. Then starts up again, and continues to fluctuate. thats the way it works isnt it.

doctors with selective hearing. just fantastic.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

  • I don't know what the discharge is, although it does sound like thrush. HOWEVER.....I had what I thought was thush for years, constant itching, very little discharge though. Turns out I had thrush followed by excezma. The thrush treament made the excema worse, I'd then get a urine infection, I'd be given antibiotics and then I'd get thrush again. It got me into a huge cycle which ensures that I now have patches of excema on my vagina which are irritated by...pretty much anything! I have been diagnosed with Diabetes since, and since cutting out all sugar from my diet, I haven't had any problems relating to the food I eat. My excema first manifested as patches which oozed a clear, dribbly fluid. No itching, some pain as it basically removed the top layer of skin. I took excema treament for that, and it cleared up in two weeks. I don't know if you're taking treament now, but perhaps you could start again? Do you have patches of dry skin on your vagina - particularly ones which don't itch immediately, but do after a couple of minutes if you touch them? Also, I'd go and see a new doctor! Sorry, but I think any doctor who gives up on such a serious problem for you doesn't deserve any more of your time. Can you see a skin specialist? She was the one who immediately said, "Yes, that's excema" as soon as she saw me. Don't give up. Somewhere there is a doctor who can help, it's just you may have a hard time getting to them. But you have to make loads of fuss, otherwise you get categorized and 'lost'.
    Mayfly 4 Replies
    • February 22, 2008
    • 05:14 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Find a female internist to give you a pap and check you for STDs...or Planned Parenthood...you could have HPV, herpes 2(need blood test), syphlilis or a number of other diseases...better hurry...it could save your life...
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • February 23, 2008
    • 03:32 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.

Signs of a Psoriasis Flare

Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.

How Diabetes Medications Affect Your Appetite

Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.

What to Do For Dry Mouth

Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.

The Painkiller – Constipation Connection

Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.

9 Signs of Sensitive Skin

Is it sensitive skin or something else?