Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

allergic to the pill

Posted In: Sexual conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: jo_safeforever
  • January 26, 2008
  • 00:12 AM

I had an allergic reaction to my contraceptive pill, which caused my vulva to become very itchy and red etc. I stopped taking and got my prescription changed and it went away.
I haven't started the new prescription yet because i have to wait for the first day of my cycle, so what i want to know is. Willing taking this other pill cause the reaction to come back?
I really hope not, because it was pretty unbearable. :(
Also, should I treat the area in anyway or do allergic reactions just clear up on their own?

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • you can take benadryle and wash yourself with vagisil soap if there are no open sores.If there are no sores use vagisil cream
    rachel125 112 Replies
    • January 26, 2008
    • 00:31 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.