I had mold in my house 7 years ago and almost died from it. $40,000.00 worth if remediation was done on my house where the mold incident occured, but it had gotten in the ventalation system and became airborne contaminating everything I owned. The rest of my house and belongings weren't covered so I lost everything. I even had to pull up all the carpet and lay tile throughout the entire house. I tried to move back in but seemed to get worse. Although there were no doctors that could treat me and apperantly no cure (at least back then) for the levels of mold in my body, after four years of being sick, I was healed completely by God. At that time I moved back in my house and everything was fine. Now, 3 years later I am experiencing a different problem. About 6-8 months ago I started having problems breating. Lately it's gotten much worse. I was running the swamp cooler because it's so much cheaper and noticed mold growing all over a leather couch in a room I never go in. (A couch that was not originally in the house with the mold). I immediately switched over to the AC, cleaned the couch with ammonia and looked everywhere for the source. Eventually I found it under the sink. I immediately had the mold remediated. The gut sais the leak had been there for at least 6 months to a year! Originally, when I almost died from the mold exposure, oddly enough, my lungs were never effected. So these are totally new symptoms to me and I have none of the other symptems I had the first go around. AFTER the mold was already remediated, my breathing got worse of all things. I went to the doctor (which I NEVER do after so many years of being misdiagnosed over my mold illness), where I received a breathing treatment, a steroid shot, and two perscriptions - one for 5 days worth of predizine and one for an inhalor. That was 3 weeks ago and since then I've gotten SO much worse I've almost gone to the hospital on several occasions. I can't breathe without gasping and sucking in air, I get a major pain in my chest everytime I swallow anything including water, my lips have started turning purple around the edges, I can't even exhale without forcing the air out in several heaves, and the lastest is I'm gagging and throwing up frothy foam from sucking in so much air just trying to breath. I feel like my stomach and esophagus is full of air and I constantly need to burp (which is what seems to be making me gag). Sorry to sound so gross, but NONE of these latest symptems were a problem or at least so bad before I got that shot and took the rest of the stuff. According to everything I've read online, those remedies should have really helped me out - not made me worse. Oh yeah, the doctor also drew blood and sent me for a chest x-ray - all of which came back that there is nothing wrong with me. No signs of Phemonia or cancer (which I'm truly thankful for), and nothing wrong with my thyroid, kidney or liver function (praise God for healing me the first time!!!). I also cough a lot which is another one of the Mold symptems along with everything else as far as shortness of breate etc. I've looked up COPD ad emphazema which both sound like I could have, but one again the shot etc. should have helped.
I'm not even sure about the latest mold technology or testing that's been developed recently since I'm 7 years out of that loop, (back then doctors new very little and you had to go to the kind of doctors that Medical Ins. doesn't cover such as parasitologists, fungal specialist etc.), but I would have thought they'd see something on a chest xray. I'm just curious if anyone has had the same problems as me or has heard if maybe a steriod shot would have totally amp up the mold spores in my lungs (if that's what it is) and put them in hypersensative mode - having a reverse effect on my breathing. To me it totally makes sense! Based on all the research I did back then, and from my own personal experiences, molld is a living parasite that colonates and breeds in your body taking over all of your organs, living in your blood etc. and certain things drastically effectyou when exposed to them if you have mold in your body. For example, being around or exposed to pesticides, especially pyrethrin or lice shampoo, makes the mold in your body go crazy. It puts you into anaphalactic (sp?) shock, you can taste the pesticides or shampoo in your mouth etc.
So it just seams a steriod shot might have some kind of bad effect but I could not find anything related to that on the internet. Anyone have any idea's or know of different test's I need to have done. My follow up visit is tomorrow and I'm going to insist he send me to some kind of a specialist, but I'm sure if it takes any amount of time to see one, I'm going to end up going to the hospital. My family and friend don't think I should have even waited as long as I have to go.
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?