I'm a 25 y/o caucasian male, I don't smoke/drink or use drugs. I used to sport every week (swimming/kung-fu). My diet consisted mostly of rice, vegetables and chicken/pork/fish. My weight was at 70kg/154 pounds. My health was good but I did suffer from sinusitis, facial flushing and mild stomach issues before the following events:
I've developed some symptoms over the last few months that really turned my life upside down. Recently I visited Hong Kong. During the first few days I experienced light unsteadiness and nausea that kept getting worse each day. I don't recall doing anything note worthy that might have caused this. (except for flying ten hours and eating a steamed grouper fish)
On the fourth day I had a shrimp curry which caused stomach cramps and diarrhea. The unsteadiness and nausea increased lots after that, the upcoming days I suffered from:
During night/resting position(flat) I sometimes get weird attacks of:
• Pins and needles on my arms, legs and chest
• Heart palpitations
• Ringing ears
• Anxiety, excessive sweating on the forehead, cold skin and nausea generated after intake of food
• Unsteadiness/dizzyness (during really bad episodes: far and nearby objects would slowly move away or towards eachother)
• Yellow/greenish soft, partly undigested feces, covered in a mucus like substance
• No appetite
• Excessive gas
• Sensitive area stomach
• Fatigue, drowsiness, pale face, light-headed
• Slow focusing between far and close objects, sometimes blurry vision
• Weird wet/pressure feelings popping up around ears from time to time
This was a month ago, I've returned a few weeks ago and a lot of the symptoms are still there! I've lost around 10kg/20pounds. I now weight around 61kg/134pounds.
I've visited several doctors, blood labs and specialists and had the following done:
• Blood tests - came back ok (liver, blood count, blood glucose, sedimentation, thyroid, cholesterol and bunch of other stuff)
• Allergy tests - came back negative (food-mix and shellfish)
• Feces - where ok but they did find anti-bodies for Helicobacter Pylori (Triple feces test for parasites, Helicobater Pylori)
• Gastroscopy - came back ok (no ulcers, stomach biopsy ok)
• Balance test - results not back yet!
So far there has not been a diagnose of the problem!
My main symptoms are:
• I am constantly unsteady as described earlier (with a few exceptions in the morning), this is my main concern! I only notice this when walking/moving around. When I'm riding my scooter I don't notice the unsteadiness. It feels like walking trough a plane with light turbulence: the picture is straight but I feel movement in the floor with each step (asif the floor nudges down a few inches, or asif my body is beeing yanked softly towards the floor in random directions) - sometimes the room will distort a little / objects in depth will move away from objects in focus - when closing my eyes and standing straight I'll wobble like a half-filled-round flask bottle. It's worse in small and dark spaces.
• Ears are ringing a lot lately when in resting position
• I get blurry vision from time to time and have a slow focus between far/close objects (1+ second to focus from my finger to a glass on the table)
• I'm tired, pale and when I stand up quickly I'll have a brief moment of white before my eyes/lightheaded-ness
• My feces look soft/green/yellowish, going from hard to soft, covered in mucus.
• I do get less nausea/sweating when eating
• Those night attacks I described earlier haven't appeared in a few days since the Pantopac/Supplements/Diet
Currently I'm trying:
• a SC(Specific Carb) Diet (No milk/grain, lots of easy to digest foods: vegetables/fruit/meat & fish)
• I just finished a week of antibiotics (Pantopac - Pantoprazol / Amoxicilline / Claritromycine)
• I'm taking vitamin and mineral supplements (especially B-12)
• In Hong Kong I received medication for a small week: Duraxil, Gravol en Xanax
• 4 years prior to Hong Kong, I fell and injured my jaw - no damage was found by docters
• I've had one filling done (white)
• I've been diagnosed for Helicobacter Pylori twice (2 years ago and just recently after getting back) Both times treated with Antibiotics and Stumach-acid relievers (Pantopac - Pantoprazol / Amoxicilline / Claritromycine)
My doctor is clueless, I have an appointment at the Ear/Nose/Eyes doctor in half a month for the results of the balance test and an appointment at a stumach/liver/intestine specialist. I can't do much now but wait.
My question for you all!
• Does anybody recognize these symptoms?
• Anybody has tips to speed the diagnose up?
• Should I enquire more help from specialists? (i.e. neurologist?)
I'm totally lost and my life is a real mess right now.
I wish you all good health and take care!
Know the five types of psoriasis and how to spot flares.
Newer diabetes treatments can suppress appetite and aid weight loss.
Try these tips to get your salivary glands back into action.
Constipation is a common side effect of opioid and narcotic pain medicines.
Is it sensitive skin or something else?