Discussions By Condition: Nerve conditions

Eternal Pain

Posted In: Nerve conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: waterdeepchu
  • December 19, 2010
  • 11:03 PM

Im a white male, 25 years old appx.(dylsexia. I cant remember how old i am but am only off by a year or two.) living in the south-east united states. Ive lived in cold deserts and hot deserts west of the Rocky Mountains as well.

I used the term "Eternal" because constant suggests a starting point. I have ALWAYS had this pain, and never had any symtpoms other than pain. I think it belongs in this forum because of the ultimate effect: It is painful for me to touch my own skin, and always has been. It is even more painful when other people touch my skin, to the point where intimate contact is impossible. Literally, impossibe: I will immediatly pull away as a reflex from such touch, which always makes me feel so bad...My boyfriend knows of my problem, but I still feel awful for the reaction.

In any case, it has a ton of annoying effects: I can only wear the losest of clothes (tags hurt too much), I can only shave once every couple weeks or the pain is too intense, small changes in temeprature cause the pain as well. Any intimate contact is impossible, the more sensitive the area the worse it feels.

It has been this way my entire life, without start or end, without any physical symtpoms other than pain, and spread across the whole of my body. I cant sleep in clothes, cant wear thermal underware, and everything but the smoothes of sheets will keep me from sleeping.

This pain is not small or restricted, it is everywhere.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • This sounds as if you were born with an auto-immune (self attacking self) connective tissue disease. Connective tissue is what holds your cells together, and there are a few connective tissue diseases. In my family, we get red, inflammed connective tissue and like you, it hurts to lay or sit or get touched or anything. I was born with it, it is genetic. I would suggest that you research connective tissue diseases or find a specialist and a good teaching hospital (like a university medical center) that would be willing to do the work and tests for you. Bless you, what a life that is.Bluebirdy
    Bluebirdy 11 Replies
    • December 28, 2010
    • 03:57 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.