I have an 8 year old autistic son who has the following symptoms.
1)He has to take a few steps backwards before walking forward.
2)He has a strange waddling gait.
3) He is walking very slowly and sometimes freezes in place and has to be physically pulled to begin walking forward again.
4) He doesn't have a high temperature
5) He is eating normally.
6) He hasn't had any general lethargy
7) he has been doing this for 3 weeks and it has gotten worse.
8) he is non verbal so I have no way of knowing exactly how he is feeling.
I have an appoinment with a doctor later in the week but could use some peace of mind from someone who can give me an idea of what this is.