Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

what kind of specialist do I see for muscle/butt pain..severe for months.

Posted In: Muscle conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 25, 2014
  • 04:53 AM

I have had buttocks pain.. right in the middle of right cheek and pain goes down my thigh and calve.. it's like a huge Charlie horse. and kills with every step I take with my right foot. I am so so tired of this pain.. I have had injections and phy. therapy and had a pelvic Mri and a spine Mri.. seen several doctors and no one can diagnose me or help me..
anyone out there know what I am talking about and can you direct me to the correct doctor / specialist to see?? Thanks ...

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

  • You might have this. Research the stretching exercises in YouTube. I hope this helps. God Bless :) The piriformis syndrome is a condition in which the piriformis muscle irritates the sciatic nerve, causing pain in the buttocks and referring pain along the course of the sciatic nerve. This referred pain, called "sciatica", often goes down the back of the thigh and/or into the lower back. Patients generally complain of pain deep in the buttocks, which is made worse by sitting, climbing stairs, etc
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • September 2, 2014
    • 09:17 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.