Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

Severe hip pain

Posted In: Muscle conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: misrababbu2000
  • February 14, 2007
  • 03:50 AM

Hello friends,

I am struggling with severe pain on my right hip from last one year, i am 27 years old man and was doing kind of labor job in which i had to put lots of effort on my right hip for almost on year i have already quit the job but it has been more than four months but the pain is not getting any better, i am visiting a chiropractic these days, he told me your body has been twisted, he tried his best what he could do but till i am feeling lots of pain even i can not sit or walk properly, he said its long running problem so it will take some time, i am not very sure about it and want to get rid of it as soon as possible, please somebody suggest me what to do should i go to any other kind of doctor? any medicine, massage or exercise? or anything else? please help me out i am really struggling a lot with this.

Thank you.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

  • Hello, Sorry you are having this problem. You sound like I did. I strongly suggest you see a good Orthopedic Surgeon and have him do some tests and tell you what your really dealing with. Some regular Orthopedic docs, might not know everyting, thats where the surgeon has gone futher in his training.... Your sacroiliac joint could be inflamed or out of line. A pain management specialist /sports medicne, can treat you...But you will need xrays and Mri of the area. They might be able to use the florascope to give you a lydocane shot for pain, deep inside the joint, if this is the problem..This joint, keeps the hips lined up. I left the office and didn't have to wait days for the shot to work, I hadn't been pain free in the hips in many years! It could be a form of arthritis too, or that your socket is worn funny. Your too young to be dragging this out for years.No offense to Chiro's, but they don't always help and can make matters much worse. When pain is this bad, you want it stopped, not go threw "long running treatments" that may not even help!! Been there done that. Go to a good Doc, your money will be better spent and hopefully you will find long lasting relief. Best wishes.
    Anonymous 42789 Replies
    • February 17, 2007
    • 00:13 PM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Even I suffered a lot from back pain. Finally I found Marian massie, she gave me a hypnotherapy treatment. Now I am completely relieved. Thanks to her.
    Doli80 1 Replies
    • October 22, 2010
    • 06:36 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, I am a physical therapist. I agree with the above comment that you should see an orthopedic surgeon. Your symptoms could be coming from your hip or from your lower back. A good ortho doctor will be able to differentiate your symptoms. In the mean time, start applying ice (not heat) to your lower back and hip region, 10-15 minutes at a time a few times a day. Try to avoid or at least limit aggravating activities or postures. Get a specific diagnosis first and your treatment options will become much clearer. If you don't know what you have you are just throwing darts at a dart board and hoping something works. Not a good way to treat your body. For more info. on low back conditions visit: http://www.joint-pain-solutions.com/Lower-back-pain.html For info. on hip problems visit: http://www.joint-pain-solutions.com/hip-joint-pain.html Good luck. ~JTrempe PT, ATC
    JTrempe 101 Replies
    • November 1, 2010
    • 03:42 AM
    • 0
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.